Haley's getting spayed

Haley goes to the vet tomorrow morning at 7AM to get spayed. The vet is going to keep her all day, and I'll pick her up a 5PM to take her home again. I'm not sure how this is going to go, it's been over 15 years since I've had a dog spayed (childhood dog, haven't had a dog that needed to be spayed since).

She is officially off food for the night, as she had to stop eating at 7PM. She can drink until 9PM and after that it's no food or water until tomorrow night! NOt sure how she'll like that when Kahtadin is up tomorrow morning and wants to eat/drink and she can't!

I'm hoping it's easy for her tomorrow, it'll be her first time away from Kahtadin that we know of (and Tadi's first time home without her there). And it's going to be hard for Tadi, as he'll want to play but Haley won't be allowed to play rough for a while. But other than that, hopefully everything will go fine for them. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes with her!

Yay Haley is officially in the spay club. I dropped her off yesterday morning and icked her up after work. She saw me when she came out of the back room at the vet's, and walked right over, put her nose right onto my leg, and looked at me like she was saying "please take me home". She walked up, got into the car on her own, and that was it for the night, the drugs knocked her out lol. Jay had to carry her into the house from the car and put her on the couch. And then carry her to the bedroom, as Kahtadin discovered she was home and wouldn't leave her alone. So she slept on the bed with the door shut so Tadi couldn't get to her, and then this morning was still a little tired. So we let her have full run of the house, in case she wanted to sleep on the couch or the bed. She did great, and is back to her normal self now. She's not allowed to jump or run, or play with Tadi (which is hard, since he wants to play so badly). She's eating well and walking around, has been outside 3 times to do her business. So she's making a full recovery and should be fine :)

Here are some pics:

Haley when we brought her home. She finally had her fur coming in well and covering her belly. Now it's all shaved!

DSCF2723.jpg

And here's Kahtadin saying hi to his mom and making sure she's ok

DSCF2726.jpg