Reviews of three great dog products!

Hi all.

I have been meaning to review these products and tell you how good they are for a few months.

The products are:

The furminator (deshedding tool)

The Rapid Bath System

And the Peticure Power Professional

The Furminator is a godsend...really I stand by this product, especially having chewbacca. At first I was a bit skeptical thinking "its just a stinkin hand rake" but this deshedding tool lives up to the hype. Despite the fact that it still takes awhile to get the undercoat cleaned out, it is still way better than a brush or comb and still takes way less time. I have now graduated chewy up to the large 4 inch furminator. I got mine for $10 on ebay.

The rapid bath system is rated differently by different owners and by its use on different breeds. People with smaller dogs who are very easy to bathe by hand think its just a waste of money but to me It is something that I cannot live without. Once chewy reached 50 pounds it hurt my back very badly to bend every which way to scrub in shampoo or rinse it out properly. So, I went looking for an easier way. I talked to several local groomers who wanted $60 each time to bathe him and another $15 to help do his nails. I was not willing to pay that 2 times or more a month- its now the rainy season and chewy loves mud. Then I remembered hearing on tv about the rapid bath system. I searched ebay, amazon and several other places on the web, and bought it for $50 on amazon because the seller included 6 shampoo cartridges...so overall a very good deal to start. This product is really great. it not only gets the shampoo down into his undercoat with ease but it also eliminates my need to twist my body into a pretzel to get the hard to reach places. The nozzle rotates!!! You just hook the thingy to a shower or outside nozzle, snap in the cartridge and turn the water on! oh and flip the switch for soaping...lol. You can also get different kinds of shampoo and the shampoo always leaves them smelling fresh. I am so glad that I spent the $50 because even though I will have to order shampoo cartridges once a month the cost is still way less than a groomer and the cartridges actually cost about the same as any good bottle shampoo from the store.

The peticure power professional. Ok, this prduct could be slightly quieter and the sandpaper bands that it uses could fit alittle better, but overall this product is worth its weight in gold. Chewy has brittle and very tough nails (which I call talons) so trimming with cheap dog clippers just leaves them sharp and jagged, and the dremel freaks both me and him out because there is no safety on it to ensure hair doesnt get caught up or that I dont sand too far down. When i first saw the reviews I was worried that the money I had to spend would not be worth it later. I was oh soooo wrong! We have big dogs here on husky owners so you def should not buy the manual ones otherwise you may spend hours trying to file their nails down. At first chewy was afraid of the noise so I just turned it on to its lowest setting, sat it on my lap and patted him while I left it running. It only took me 15 minutes to sand his nails down and smoothe them after that. I am very happy with this product and if you have been considering investing in this...I highly reccommend it.

I dont ever do a dishonest review, if the products werent up to par I would not have mentioned them to you. If you do try them I hope you like them.

great thread added to rep :up:

I've got the Furminator but don't use it very often, i bought it for when they were blowing their coats and i love it!!, i've heard recently that it can cut the guard hairs on their coat if over used?

Neither one of our boys like to have there bums brushed, however, they don't mind when I use the vacuum on then lol I use the reg floor attachment and they will lay there all day lol

You have SO got to get a video of that! :D

I have the furminator & used it on both my huskies, but there was something about I didn't feel was quite right & after speaking to an experienced husky owner, was informed it can cut through the guard hairs, which rang a bit of a bell with me when I used mine. But, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same & if it works for you, that's great :)