Heath coverage ?

bobbyray

I have found that most companies are fab for the first introductory year but the premiums rocket in the 2nd year (regardless of claim)

It's best to keep swapping between them...

I also save (40 p/mth) for my two as a back up for the inbetween/waiting for claims. This proved really useful when Saxon had to have MRI scans for his brain tumour as i had already saved 800 by then!!

I have just insured Cosmo with Animal Friends - i have heard good and bad things about them.

At the end of the day you will hear good and bad about every company. All you can do is make an informed decision that allow for your personal circumstances.

Good luck x

thankfully it is something I've had for nearly 4 yrs with Myshka but never had to find out how good it is ... I'm with Petplan for Myshka (have been since getting her @ 10 weeks) but Diesel is with Tesco & when I come to renew Myshka's, I'm going on the multi-pet insurance with Tesco as it does what I think I'll require at a good price (in comparison to other pet insurances)

Pack Leader: I think it's a important need to better assist you and your pet. I have Lana enrolled in the AKC healthcare plan. I also have coverage for Lana on my auto insurance. Since Lana goes just about everywhere with us i thought it would be foolish not to have it. It's a extra $66.00 a year. We even got Lana a pet safety belt. It took her awhile to get used to it but she doesn't mind it now.

Before we picked Zoya up from the breeder, I discussed pet insurance with our vet. He had brochures from several companies. I looked at them all, upside down, inside out, frontwards and backwards. The one company that stood out for us (in the US) was PetPlan. PetPlan (in the US) does not cover vaccinations or scheduled checkups, those things that if you own a Husky, you should be prepared to pay for out of pocket. It does, however, cover those things that come up unexpected. It even covers things that like hip displaysia and other heridtary problems. The plan we chose providess up to $12,000 per year in coverage at an 80/20 ratio with a $200 deductible. Our premium is $190 per year. A lot of pet health insurance companies in the US, cover regular visits, and regular meds, but have a limiting schedule for those serious health issues and many will not cover any heridtary problems. Do the research and find the plan that works best for you and gives you the coverage you feel is important for your pet. I believe PetPlan is a UK company, but they do have offices in the US.

Yeah Petplan is expensive imo aswell... they quoted me 26 for lifetime cover or 19 for standard 12 month cover just for Tala.....

I think i'm going with pet-insurance.co.uk as they quoted me either 7.08 standard cover or 10. 03 for lifetime cover.... much much better in price and it covers the essentials :D