Tweety's Diary

Hi guys, meet Tweety the new addition to my family :D he's a beautiful yellow songbird ;) (I'm not sure is it a he or she, but I'll call it a "he" for now :P ) I call him Tweety because he's so yellow, but now that I got to know him better I regret it he should've been named CHATTERBOX! :confused: oh almost forgot... Here's his background story http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/main-chat/43780-rescued-baby-bird#post682021

No pics right now because Tweety is SO needy :S he screams for food every fifteen minutes and then "goes" right after meal x__x at first I changed his bedding every time he poo'd or peed but now it is impossible... I can't change his bedding every 15-20 minutes can I :S luckily he didn't pee much LOL for now Tweety is on soft fruits. Papaya, to be exact. I tried dipping one or two dog food kibbles in water and give it to him but he doesn't like it x) oh well papaya's cheaper anyways :P

Tweet is extremely smart. I have just had him for a few hours but we worked out some signals already. He sleeps with his head below his wings and remains on that position even when he's screaming for food, so I pet his back slightly with my fingers to say "hey, wake up. Food's ready" :) he only needs an hour or so to learn that signal. Now, whenever I pet his back he woke up, opens his beak wide and SCREEEAAAM for the papaya LOL oh my this baby is surely going to be a wonderful singer x) he refuses to peck his own food, so for now I feed him with a straw. I simply scoop up a little papaya with the straw and blow it into his screaming beak. At first Tweet's kinda confused but now he attacks the straw whenever he sees it :P oh well at least I don't have to stand there like a dummy waiting for him to open his beak x) my mom says she's gonna buy a little light bulb for him and maybe build a little handmade cage for him to stay warm :D hopefully it'll keep him quiet for a lil' while longer LOL

wow...have you done any research into what breed he is?

beautiful little sparrow :)

EDIT: actually, I don't think he's a sparrow either. He just looked like one. My maid knows exactly what he is, but the breed has no english name :S