Please help me before i got insane

Ok so Beauty recovered from the VET ordeal and its been a while since I have had access to a PC...but she is big now post pics later. I have done everything in my power here to train this dog. I use to work for a dog trainer and sometimes we met dogs who were almost impossible to train.

For instance...beatuy does the following

Faq: She poos and pees everywhere, despite me taking her out every 15 to 30 minutes and standing outside sometimes up to 45 minutes, and her not doing a thing.

Faq: She poos and pees on herself in her kennel while we are at work or in the middle of the night

Faq: She eats everything insight, where its candy wrappers or cardboard....

Faq: She just doesnt listen to ANYTHING expect the word NO and BAD DOG

She has plenty of toys, chew bones, and treats. She eats 3 times a day...and plays just fine, she gets a daily run.

This dog is beginning to lose its grip with my family...as much as we love her....we are starting to thinks he was the wrong dog to get. Everyone here has huskies...i literally know 6 people around me with them,..they are all well behaved...and i am the one who taught them how to train their dog. But they all say BEAUTY is a horrible behaved dog...and I am doing NOTHING different than I have with any dog I have ever trained...please help...before I have to place her up for adoption.

have you tried catching her in the act and taking her to a toilet area while shes doing it?? and kira used to get sh*t all over the kitchen floor (where we put her when we first got her) shes sit and stand in it and everything, so we tried having her sleep on the floor in our room with puppy pads near the door, this worked wonders and within a few weeks she decided herself she wanted to go downstairs and by this point she had learnt to go thru the night most nights and would use pads if she had to so she got run of the living room and back room. but shes never been very destructive so this might not work for you. you need to find what she likes, treats, a fuss or a play with a fav toy, this can be used to teach basic obedience, kiras very food orientated but as shes got older we've lessened the amount of treats she gets so now she doesnt expect them and does commands anyway.

Faq: She poos and pees everywhere, despite me taking her out every 15 to 30 minutes and standing outside sometimes up to 45 minutes, and her not doing a thing.

Just out of interest - where did you get her from?

Toilet training is not easy, especially with a dog who had a rough start like Beauty did. Are you taking her out every time she wakes up? After every time she plays, eats, drinks etc? Are you watching her to see signs of when she's looking for a spot to toilet? What do you do when she does toilet outside?

Faq: She poos and pees on herself in her kennel while we are at work or in the middle of the night

When you are at work, where is she left? Does she have access to the yard to be able to go outside and toilet?

Set your alarm for the middle of the night and take her out to toilet, just like we do with baby puppies. Add a cue word (like 'go wees') and give her lots of praise and treats for toileting in the right place.

How much time do you spend training her every day? Unfortunately when you have puppies, you need to ensure they are mentally stimulated and you need to ensure you put things away so they are out of their reach - almost ALL puppies chew everything in sight, that's just what happens when you get a puppy.

How much time have you put into training her and actually teaching her what to do, and how to behave, as opposed to just telling her 'no' and 'bad dog'?

She has plenty of toys, chew bones, and treats. She eats 3 times a day...and plays just fine, she gets a daily run.

Careful that you aren't over exercising her, she's only young and her joints are still developing. How old is she now?

This dog is beginning to lose its grip with my family...as much as we love her....we are starting to thinks he was the wrong dog to get. Everyone here has huskies...i literally know 6 people around me with them,..they are all well behaved...and i am the one who taught them how to train their dog. But they all say BEAUTY is a horrible behaved dog...and I am doing NOTHING different than I have with any dog I have ever trained...please help...before I have to place her up for adoption.

My husky is well behaved. He wasn't born that way - he was raised and trained that way. Puppies aren't born well behaved and well trained, it's up to YOU to teach them and train them so they can grow up to be good doggy citizens.

Siberians are not like other breeds. If you only take on board one piece of advice I give you, take on board this: forget how you trained your other dogs. Obviously that isn't working with Beauty. A dog is only as good as their owner. I would suggest you take a step back, take a deep breath and start thinking about the way to get the best out of your pup instead of thinking about how horribly behaved she is.

yes ive tried treats, toys and even picking her up in the middle of the poo act...she will go outside and not even poo just sit there and look at me...she is very close to being put up for adoption...

It's not her fault she doesn't understand where to toilet. Try and remember that she's not doing this intentionally, she's not doing this because she's a bad dog. She's doing it because she doesn't understand that toileting outside is the right place to toilet. Dogs are only as good as their owners - ANY dog can be trained but not all dogs can be trained the same way.

I am getting a feeling from your posts that you think that Beauty is the problem here - not you. With the risk of sounding harsh, you will get no where with this pup if you don't realise that it's your approach that needs to change, and that it's not that Beauty is bad but that you haven't found the right way to get the best out of her yet.

Add to rep smeagle and sinead.

Aswell as following the above advice: What about starting a toilet dairy when your around? I know it sounds silly lol but I did this and it has worked a treat - it gives you a rough idea of when they need to go next so you can take them outside. When she does go in the right spot praise her like shes won the lottery or something and if she goes in the wrong area discretely clear it up without paying her any attention, having a go at her may be giving her negative attention which is still attention.

Good luck with it all.

Poor Beauty, please be patient with her, Try not to tell her off for messing unless you catch her in the act doing it hours after they have done it will confuse her, and when you do tell her off just give her a firm no and maybe pick her up and put her outside...

You need to have a day with her and keep her outside untill she does her buisness and when she finally does which could take a lot longer than 45 mins you need to really praise her and give her a treat, after that take her indoors for a play get her her own special toy and after about 10-15 mins take her outside again wait untill she does her buisness and praise her again and give her a treat.

Its a long hard prosess but it is rewarding in the long run.....

aww poor thing, she's not having the best start is she but at least she has you there to guide her.

They're like kids in some ways - they only learn what you show them, and they don't learn overnight - unfortunately lol

Lots of praise and fuss for the right behaviour and ignore the bad - that's what i did with my boys, as well as training you also build up such a strong bond this way as well :)

Ok so Beauty recovered from the VET ordeal and its been a while since I have had access to a PC...but she is big now post pics later. I have done everything in my power here to train this dog. I use to work for a dog trainer and sometimes we met dogs who were almost impossible to train.

For instance...beatuy does the following

Well Alaska was a littler turd when she was little, i have to say she came paper-trained from the breeder but she had her accidents >> We would point to it and say NO >> she got it right away and was fully house-trained by 3 months, not saying didn't have accidents but she knew where to go..the only times she did go which was alwasy by the door is when we were not paying attention so of course we did not punish her.

When she pees of poos infront of you clap your hands really loudly and say "HEYHEYHEY" pick her up mid-whatever and take her outside. Ever thought of making the pee a command, i did with Alaska, i said go pee and each time she did it either in the garden on the park i would say "go pee" and say what a good girl she was >> she got a treat too. Also when ever she went to the door and looked around i would also jump up and down like a loon and praise her. From now on put puppy pee pads near the front door, away from her bedding and food. There are also things you can spray on it to drive her to eliminate there!

Does her crate have a soft bedding, if so remove it, Alaska did this too as she confused it with her pee pads and the grass >> they think it will just absorb it;) Dont leave her in there for too long..did you ever practcie closing the door when your around as she may be eliminating due to seperation anxiety.

There was a stage >> about 4 months when Alaska was very much interested in the outside world...try calling her when she saw another dog, pigeon and you would get soo ignored lol >>> Puppy classes were a great help to get her to focus on us in a room full of puppies >>give it a try.

Make sure you dont feed her before you put her in her crate and limit her water supply, make sure you also walk her before she is put in there, and leave her with a peanut filled Kong:) Sibes are difficult but you must of known this before you bought one, its not fair on her to be dumped now >> and a daily run is not cutting it, small puppies need small regular walks.

Good luck and keep trying:D

What cleaning product are you using to clean the areas in the house she is going in? When a dog has toileted in an area even if you clean it with normal products she may still be able to smell the ferramones of her own waste and this motivates her to go there again, you can get special products to actually remove the feramones from the carpet or whatever so she wont smell it there anymore... in the same vein you can try picking up what shes done in the house and leaving it in the garden area where you want her to go for a little while and that way she smells its and is motivated by the smell of it to go in that spot... sounds alittle gross but I've been told it works in tough toilet training situations... and like the others have said try not to get too cross with her, shes only little after all and dosent realise shes done bad just praise her like mad when she does what you want ignor her when she doesnt and above all try to keep your patients! Good luck!!