amount of food

Sqwidge

Just posting in the other thread made me wonder, how much do you feed your dog?

Eika gets half a tray of Nature Diet and 50g of Burns morning and night...is this too much/not enough? she is a healthy weight and everything (as far as i'm aware) i mean to me you can see her hip bones but i don't know if she's ok or not!

argh, i dunno...!

depends on the brand - i feed burns - same as you and i feed 110grams to kimba and 80 grams to kaiser per meal - it recommends on the packaging that for his age - kimba should have between 200-400grams per meal but that's way too much for him, he's a good weight

I think you can tell what's good for your own dog - for her age what you feed sounds right, you should be able to feel her ribs slightly but shouldn't have love handles lol (hmmm note to self need to get rid of my love handles pmsl)

Thanks Ade...i'm just trying to do too much today, had the day off as we had a guy come to look at the fridge so i'm trying to look after Josh, had to stop the dog interferring with the guy fixing the fridge (cue mental husky at being tied up and not getting to love the new guy!) and do some work for my sister...going to work is easy man!!!

at the pet shop i go to they have the 'burns' cup...we have had a couple chewed, but if it gets destroyed i just go in and get a new one!