Crate for Xavier!

hey guys.. more questions again lol!

today we purchased a crate for xavier, on getting the crate home he was instantly curious about it and didnt hesitate to go inside! We have put his bed, food and water bowls in there and he happily eats in there, infact hes sleepin in there at the moment! they say crate training helps with toilet training.. just need abit of help really on how to go about crate training him.. i keep the door shut for different amount of times and also keep it open for him to go in and play and leave when he wants.. when it comes to toilet training do i wait until he moans that he wants to come out and take him outside? or do i take him out straight after feed? just need a little bit of advice please guys :)l

hey guys!

Xaviers first night in the crate went amazing!! he slept next to our bed and we didnt hear a peep out of him! he didnt go to toilet in there which i was suprised about! when we woke up at 6 to feed the baby i took Xavier straight out and he went to toilet outside.. then he went back into his crate whilst we went to sleep for another 3 hours with the baby! hes doing ggreat im so glad i got this crate :D thanks guys !!

thanks for the advise!

what should i do when he starts to moan when he is in his cage..?

not sure whether i go out there and comfort him or ignore him? thanks guys :)

Prod him with a stick:p

Only joking, Grey does that all the time, when i walk up to his crate he stops then he starts when i go to sit down lol, what you need to do is try no matter how hard and annoying it gets to ignor him, but i would suggest that after about 5-10 mins and he still has not stopped you let him out just to see if he needs to go toilet, if all he wants to do is come out to scrounge or get in your way then put him straight back into his crate, you will find they will give up and just settle down just be patient.

But be warned if you are chilling watching tv and he is in the crate lying down being quiet, you must sit very still, any sudden movement your sibe will think you are ready for play and your process will start up all over again...lol.

basically you lost when you got him and you will continue to lose for the rest of his life, give up and just bow down to the control of the sibe

waynen.jpg

lol Tony but so true we dont realy train them they train us lol they just let us think we're in charge

Lol that's sooo true!

Just wondering guys how often throughout the day should Xavier be in his crate? Because i dont no if im putting him in there too much?

My boys are only in their crates while we're at work or in bed when we're in the house they have free roam