Stubborn. Increadible!

Kiba

Uh. ok.

We re-seeded our lawn. Tilled the ground. Spread the seed, and covered with compost. Then i put temporary fencing up all around the yard to protect it from stomping and my Sibe from peeing and pooping on it.

We started yesterday around 10 am. We just now finished.

We have a large dirt area next to the house that I knew she could go pee in.

And here's the kicker. She absolutely REFUSES to go there.

Kiba has not peed or pood since 10 am yesterday!!!! Thats well over 24 hours.

I had no idea they could hold it that long.

I've never known a more stubborn creature. She's been eating, and drinking since then and.. nothing...

She just wont. How long will she be able to hold it before she just explodes???

I have been keeping her in her crate all day. Because i dont trust that she'll find somewhere in the house she would prefer to use as a lavatory rather than the dirt side yard.

So i've been taking her there and saying her comman "go potty" after each meal, after each drink of water, and any other time she's been in there more than a couple hours.

she just will go in the corner of the fence and lay down. or just sit down and look at me. she wont even attempt to walk around and sniff out a spot.

Its 2 hours until we go to bed and i dont indend on waking up throughout the night to let her out.

(and no, i dont have any spare pee or poo laying around to "seed" the area)

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!!!

she cant hold it forever....... can she?

she still hasnt gone. I think we're going for a record here. I believe I am discovering for all of us just how long a dog CAN hold it for.

Now we dont have to feel too bad about sleeping in late.... or sleeping in until the following day.... and the next day.

BTW no signs of illness. Eating and drinking well. Not lethargic.

I'm calculating she has gone...

34 hours since last Pee

49 hours since last Poo

She is TIED up outside... on the side of the house with dirt where I want her to go. with a water bowl, in the shade..

So she's had every oportunity....

lets see how long this takes.

OH and BTW.. just so everyone knows how hard I'm trying. I DUG a poop bag out of the trash outside and emptied it where i want her to go.

Discusting. yes.

I dont want to take her for a walk... because if I do, chances are she'll have to go so bad she wont make it back home and she'll go out on the walk. That means when we DO get back home. We're right back where we started from and I'll end up having to take her on walks to go pee and poo. and I dont have time for that. I have a 2 year old.

I take her on a bike ride every night without fail for 3 or more miles.

WOW that is a record!!! What your doing is great, by putting her own poo there she will know thats the spot! Im affraid for now you will have to play the waiting game lol >> When you catch her going on the spot give her a treat and tons of praise >> AND try giving her some fruit of putting natural yoagrt on her food >> it makes my 2 poop lol Let us know and good luck:D

well. right after my last post, i looked out and there was a HUGE pee spot. So she couldnt hold THAT in any longer.

Still no poop. Which is crazy because she usually goes 2 -3 times a day!! Given.. they arent huge poops each time. But still.

she's still tied up. I cant give her praise when she does it because she wont go if i'm standing there.

So i'm just hoping once she pees and poos there, she'll go without a fuss or having to be tied up there.

GAWD!!

Maybe some pumpkin-real not for filling pie

While perhaps not the most desirable of all subject matter, constipation can at times be a fact of life for our pets. Constipation can occur in pets for any number of various reasons and might result from pets that have ingested clumps of grass, as a result of swallowing bones, or could be due to a hairball blockage.

Constipation can be a very serious issue regardless of whether it occurs on just an occasional basis, or perhaps on a more regular one for those pets who may be more prone to the problem. Did you know that certain breeds of dogs could experience more difficulty when defecating than others will? It may sound strange but it's true. Dogs that have corkscrew like tails often have anatomical characteristics that interfere with the normal defecation process, which can mean chronic constipation problems. Remember that the longer the waste sits in the body without being passed, the more water that will be pulled out of it by the colon. This means that the stool will become more and more dry, making it yet even more difficult to pass.

One of the best ways to deal with constipation is to prevent it. A very healthy and easy way to do that is to incorporate pumpkin into your pet's food. Yes, that's right - I said PUMPKIN. The simple fact is that pumpkin is a great source of fiber and has a high water content. Both of which contribute to keeping your pet's bowl movements regular. You'll want to make sure that you use the pureed canned pumpkin, or you can puree your own using a fresh pumpkin. Either way however don't buy pumpkin pie filling by mistake; it's definitely not the same thing. The following scale will help you determine how much you should mix into every meal.

Pets who weigh less than 15 pounds = 1 - 2 teaspoons

Pets who weigh 15 - 35 pounds = 1 - 2 tablespoons

Pets who weigh 35 pounds and up = 2 - 5 tablespoons depending on size

(Monitor your pet's stool, if the consistency of the feces is pudding- like, then just cut back on the amount of pumpkin a bit.)

Here's a great trick so that none of that canned or fresh pumpkin goes to waste before you use it all. Use ice-cube trays to freeze individual portions of pumpkin. Once each portion is set, dump them out into a freezer bag so that each day you can remove and thaw out the amount that you require.

thanks for the advice.

deff. not constipation.

I thought i would just run her down the street and back really fast to move things along, but half way down the street she started pooping WHILE she was running..

Needless to say it backfired, because she was finally releaved and i lost in my fight to get her to go in the right spot.

I picked up the poo and put it in the side yard to entice her.... to no avail. she just continues to hold it and hold it until she cant any more..

which means i cant walk her if i want her to go there...

I dont want to tie her up outside all day and never walk her.. Soooo

I GAVE UP.. Last night and this morning i just took her for a walk around the block and she went pee and poo quite well were she deemed fit to go.

I wanted to avoid this because it will be another MONTH until the grass is established enough to walk on and let her go on.

And I really didnt feel like having to walk her just for her to go.

A dog should be able to just run out the door and poo/pee then come back in the house...

but NOOOOOO .. Not her.

Btw. the amount of poop she had.. increadible. No constipation there. PURE stubborness.

I have heard of pumpkin for dogs, but never used. Popcorn is good for people-lots of fiber there, not sure about dogs. Was hoping that with the extra fiber, it might give that extra push to force her to go in a kind way, but a good walk did her even better which got the bowels to moving!!! Good idea collecting and putting in her spot. Keep working at it.