WARNING Kennel Cough NORTHWEST :(

She had the KC Vaccine last week and I was hoping that it was just a side effect of that, but it's not shifting.

Hopefully the meds will help.

Hope she's better soon, I'm currently playing referee with the girls and attempting time in the same room without muzzles on:| we've been recommended something called chudley's placid to try an calm things down a little lol. Think Togo could use some as well!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm's had the "all clear" from the Vet this morning, and is OK to start running again on the Scooter.

Thank God

:yahoo:

She'll now be able to use up some of the energy she's saved up over the last couple of weeks, as she's been climbing the walls just going on little walks, it's definitely NOT what a Husky likes.

Storm's had the "all clear" from the Vet this morning, and is OK to start running again on the Scooter.

Thank God

:yahoo:

She'll now be able to use up some of the energy she's saved up over the last couple of weeks, as she's been climbing the walls just going on little walks, it's definitely NOT what a Husky likes.

Aww great news :) see you two soon

Are going tonight Nicola?

I'm taking the Scooter to give her a gentle run, see if Tim (God, I hope I remembered his name right) fancies running yours.

Seeing as we're both Nick ours is easy lol. Yes he's Tim and unfortunately we can't go, he's away working an I work nights on Thursday's :(

Addlestone, Surrey:

Timber might have it. He's been sneezing, coughing and has a wet nose for the last two days. :(

How is Timber doing ??? all of our 3 are now back to normal health :) been camping over the easter weekend and had a couple of short runs on the bike they loved it

How is Timber doing ??? all of our 3 are now back to normal health :) been camping over the easter weekend and had a couple of short runs on the bike they loved it

Thanks for asking, Liz.:)

I think it might have been a false alarm (but I am keeping a close eye on him). I will email his previous owner tonight and ask her if he has any known allergies, since he has not been coughing (other than for a day or two and only on 3 or 4 occasions in total) or too much sneezing. He just has a 'drippy nose' (very wet, but no phlegm etc). Can dogs get hay fever by any chance?:confused: The only other thing I can think of is that Molly is blowing her coat so there is a hell of a lot of fur flying about...it is making my eyes itch as well.:(

Thanks for asking, Liz.:)

I think it might have been a false alarm (but I am keeping a close eye on him). I will email his previous owner tonight and ask her if he has any known allergies, since he has not been coughing (other than for a day or two and only on 3 or 4 occasions in total) or too much sneezing. He just has a 'drippy nose' (very wet, but no phlegm etc). Can dogs get hay fever by any chance?:confused: The only other thing I can think of is that Molly is blowing her coat so there is a hell of a lot of fur flying about...it is making my eyes itch as well.:(

Think both reasons could be causing her to cough.. yes dogs can get allergies but not sure if they can get hayfever :) but could be just due to hairballs... when Brooke was little she used to eat the fur and was often sick with a furball like a cat :) Glad to hear she's ok

• 1 month later...

I'm glad the furbabies are all better. I have read all comments and wanted to ask a simple question... I'm getting Nala her 2nd vaccine tomoz and vet said we could do the KC at same time.... Is it worth doing??

I'm glad the furbabies are all better. I have read all comments and wanted to ask a simple question... I'm getting Nala her 2nd vaccine tomoz and vet said we could do the KC at same time.... Is it worth doing??

Phil that's a hard one to answer.. I was too late to get the vaccine as all of mine got KC but some out of the group we walk with did, but then their pups came down with it anyway... that might have been because they had already got it and the vaccine did nothing but ease the serverity of the illness...

Think of it this way, we get the flu jab and sometimes it works and other times we still get the flu.. well KC is very similar to that. If your dog is being put into kennels at any time throughout the year, then the KC is a must, if they are already in ill health then the KC vaccine would be a must. It is really a personal thing. If I advise you not to bother and then she comes down with KC then I would feel awful.. If I told you to go ahead and she came down with the symptoms anyway then once again I would feel awful :(

Best advice I can give you is to chat with the vet, ask why has he advised you to get the KC vaccine? also ask what the risks are for them developing the symptoms even with the vaccine.. Sorry I can't help any more :) good luck for her jabs tomorrow ..