PC Bathed in Mineral Oil

Boondog

Has anyone here any direct experience of the Mineral Oil PC trend happening at the moment.

If so why did you do it, and were you pleased with the out come and whats your upscaling plan? Are you using Vegetable or Mineral Oil?

For those of you who dont know it's just easier if i link you to this short video:

QfByi-494Tk

There a re lots of instructionals and infomration video's this is just a short one.

The benefits are mainly for those folks who O/C their systems with those that suffer with over heating. In short the oil stablises them due to the fact it takes about a zillion years for the oil to heat up, so theory it acts as a coolant. where as air take only a short amount of time/energy to heat up and affects performance.

Love to hear your feed back and experience?

Considering my temperatures during the day here it's actually an interesting thought. As summer approaches and our temps start climbing to the 90's and above during the day and falling into the 70's at night it would be an interesting exercise to see if the mineral oil would really help stabilize the temperatures .....

I have core temp running so that when my cpu gets too warm I can either move to less cpu intensive work or shut the machine down.