Personal domain - what to do?

Laine

I'd like to keep the host Canadian so it's a little easier cost wise. I've actually looked up the top hosts in Canada and got a few suggestions and the sites also include pre-made templates which, after so long out of web designing, I kind'a need.

Marc - thanks for the offer but building a site myself would be a disaster :lolman: I haven't done it in almost 8 years and forget everything besides.

If you're just looking to make a small personal website for fun, maybe take a look at weebly.com, webs.com, etc as they host sites for free and are really easy to build.

Actually the site is for my kennel; finally decided on a name and have my logo and all. Really it's a place to put up my stuff about the dogs, pedigrees, training, pictures, etc and so on. Since I'd like to eventually do some sort of dog sport/event with my dogs, having a place to put their accomplishments for others to see will be nice.

Laine, take a look at BlueHost.com They're really good, tech support is excellent (with a really good attitude!) Price is easily comparable to most, lower than many. (( Theoretically unlimited bandwidth / storage ... I haven't pushed either with my 3 sites they host for me. ))

Al, I'll take a look at them! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you just looking for a domain or hosting as well? From the previous posts it looks like you're looking for both...

I bought my domain from godaddy.com and found a free host to link it to. Deluxe host is the one I use (dhost.info) but I believe you have to fill out an application to host your site there, though they probably approve everyone and you get lots of storage and bandwidth for free :)