seasons HELP PLEASE

Inka

I think Inka is having a season she is very swollen and licking herself constantly but there has been no blood spots at all although i did wipe her and she a had a little dark blood there so im quite confused, I have heard of silent seasons before but am not sure. What do you think?

Their vulva does tend to swell prior to a season and the fact that she is constantly licking herself might mean that she is in season, but because she is so conscientious in cleaning herself, you don't notice much blood. If she had a little blood when you wiped her, I would assume she is in/coming in to season. Bitches are usually at their most receptive at about 10-14 days after the first show of blood, but they need to be separated from males for at least 21 days.

Mick

Oh no dont worry its fine! Alaska had her 1st season in April, her vulva got steadily bigger for about 2 weeks prior, then that week she licked it all the time and it was moist but no blood...then i noticed one spot so i got tissue to see if there was any more and there was, after that day she was dripping around the house so we got her a nappy! Give it another few days if still nothing go to the vet, but it sounds normal! For the 1st few days the blood should flow rather heavily, and be a darker red, then it gets thinner and lighter.

Myshka is 3 1/2 now, she had her first season around 6 months, when she dripped a little but nothing major & was swollen. Since then, apart from her last season in June, she was swollen but kept herself really clean & we noticed nothing. It all sounds absolutely normal!!!

• 1 month later...

Just some questions about husky in season. So this is my first husky that i had to worry about season. Lana is moody. She dont step out of line but man she wants attention from me and not the kids like she used too. She walks away from the kids and is picky about my wife being around. Lana's friend , freckles a boxer who is fixed, she plays with him but princess (mixed breed female) she doesn't like to play with at all. In fact she growls are her sometimes and snapped once. Am i shocked? Nope giving that she is in season and when she wasn't her and princess get along. Just want is anyone husky similar when in season?

Just some questions about husky in season. So this is my first husky that i had to worry about season. Lana is moody. She dont step out of line but man she wants attention from me and not the kids like she used too. She walks away from the kids and is picky about my wife being around. Lana's friend , freckles a boxer who is fixed, she plays with him but princess (mixed breed female) she doesn't like to play with at all. In fact she growls are her sometimes and snapped once. Am i shocked? Nope giving that she is in season and when she wasn't her and princess get along. Just want is anyone husky similar when in season?

That's why they call them bitches.:sure: