Internet UK

GHOST R1D3R

You may as well ask:

Which is the best football team, or which is the best religion or political party to follow.

You're going to get so many different answers.

I have Sky, and have no issues at all, I also had BT and had no probs with them either.

they are 2 that iv had a they are both horrible and rubbish but maybe i want more that there service can provide. cant comment on bt new connection but there old one was weak and for the money struggled to provide me with a quality service. sky are the worse iv had them twice in 2 different areas of leeds and they sucked everytime. online games are laggy,connection dips non stop and the wireless box has the range of a 90 year of att mid for halifax town.

oh yeh

newcastle

christian

whichever lies better

might just go back to virgin and get 100mg :jawdrop:

I find the service depends a lot on where you live and the distance from your exchange, There are so many variables!

I was with Orange for 3 years, no real issues apart from connecting it to my xbox was a nighmare at times. I'm now with Talk Talk, service is good (14Mb actual speed). The free wireless router is a bit pants though.

If I could I would get fibre optic broadband, unfortunatley its not available in my area yetr though.

Even the few answers we have had so far show the real problem in the UK. The service provided by suppliers is so ridiculously inconsistent. Dave (above) likes TalkTalk and gets 14Mb speed - we were with TalkTalk and the service was appalling - 3.5Mb on a good day!!! We are now back with BT and they are marginally better than TalkTalk but the service speed changes from day to day. Until all the suppliers get their finger out, I can't see a general improvement happening.

Mick

Be is the best provider in the UK. No throttling, excellent customer service, stable line, when I moved with them they phoned me to let me know it should be all ready and talked me through resolving the issues I had getting it up and running (turned out they needed a hardware reboot at the exchange). They're not available in every exchange though

We are with Sky - they are the best ISP we have had, and we have tried a few over the years.

We had 5 months of unbelievably deteriorating cack service and comms with UKOnline, as soon as Sky switched us over

all our troubles with phone and BB went away

Distance to exchange and age of street box is important.

There is no reason though, in this day and age why we are all not on fiber optic lines.

im with virgin media but i wouldn't really reccommend them as my net goes down at least once a week which is annoying as its usually when im doing important stuff lol

a lot of mixed reviews but i agree with the sky is horribel comment. although i agree about the exchange but iv had sky in 2 different houses and one was next to the exchange and it still sucked. anyways i went with virgin got £50 cash back and 3 months @ £18 and free hd channels and free espn so its all good just before the baseball season and ufc :D

I've been with BT for three years, only ever had 2 minor problems which were resolved very quickly. I get a fairly consistent 10mb connection, but I can't wait until the fibre optic comes my way. I don't even know of any really accurate sites which say which service is best in which areas (you could check on speedtest.net, but as I say, not sure how accurate the results are)