Slipped disc

Hi About three weeks ago our Husky woke up paralysed from the hips down ,as X-rays showed nothing broken Vet thinks it's a slipped disc and he responded well to cortisone and is now on non-steroid anti-inflammatory tablets .Slowly day by day he's getting better ,had a relapse a week go and still needs help getting up, started taking him swimming (which he really hates) but once he in it's not too bad and tires him out a bit.

What i would like to is if any other members have had the same with any of their dogsand could offer any advice,

btw just ordered a megnetic coller on the say so of a neighbour,so we will see if helps any.

Thanks.

Geoff

Oh no poor thing!

I've never had this problem :( the magnetic collar may help, suppose it's lie with humans - they work with some people and not others.

Hope someone can offer you some help and advice though. husky hugs to Brighteyes xx

Our last Husky, Elke, had a slipped disc. We kept her quiet most of the time. To help with getting up, I slipped a bath towel under her tummy, and grabbed the two ends. She was able to walk a bit with me walking along side and holding her up with the bath towel. We walked about 200 feet [61 mters] about three times a day. It took Elke about a week to ten days, before she was able to walk unassisted. Squatting to pee was still an issue for her, so we had to be at the ready, to assist her back up. Unfortuantely, nine months later, Elke crossed over.

Regarding the magnetic collar: In all honesty, those things don't work. It won't hurt, but it won't help.

bings got 2 discs in the lower part ov his spine crushed n cudnt walk on one ov his legs - we did the towel thing too 2 help him up it took him a week 2 get better i wud suggest 2 just keep him resting and also i was told 2 massage his leg and move it 2 keep the blood flowing have u bin told by ur vet 2 do any phyiso with him like this?