Diesel Weight pulling

ISDW

Waaaaaay back in April I think! there was a weight pulling competition held here in Ireland, the first one ever. Diesel entered, and did brilliantly. He had never pulled anything other than a scooter before this, with me standing behind him obviously, so it was all very new to him and me.

This was his first attempt.

YouTube - Husky weight pulling

Getting into his stride now, no problem at all.

Well into the competition, and finding it a bit harder, this was about 6 times his own weight

The last time I'd let him pull, I took him out of the competition after this, didn't want him getting too stressed, or hurt. I think that with some training, he'd get used to having to dig in to start off, and could pull more, but we'll see, just want him and me to be having fun.

I know its in there nature to pull, and please do not take this the wrong way, but i found the last 2 videos, especially the last one a little unwatchable he did not look like he was enjoying it at all, i felt really sorry for him....

But that is just me so please do not be offended, either way well done Diesel, i hope you got spoilt after that..........

I know its in there nature to pull, and please do not take this the wrong way, but i found the last 2 videos, especially the last one a little unwatchable he did not look like he was enjoying it at all, i felt really sorry for him....

But that is just me so please do not be offended, either way well done Diesel, i hope you got spoilt after that..........

I'm not offended in the least, thats why I didn't let him pull anymore, and by doing so, apparently (as one of the judges told a bystander) that meant we couldn't win the competition. But Diesel's health and well being are more important to me than winning, if I'd left him in to try the next weight and he couldn't pull it, we would have won, but you're right, he was stressed enough and I didn't want to hurt him.