Help a Husky .... uh, yeh, right!

Removed #5

I don't normally do things like this, but does anyone know if this spam is legitimate?? Hit my inbox this morning and of course with a title of "Help a Husky" got my attention.

I also, don't normally pass email addresses along but figure if it's legit then it needs the help --- and if it's not then they deserve all the spam it generates.

The thing that bothers me, aside from the plea for help for a Husky, is that there is no contact information on any of the referenced sites. Figure if they really need hel they'd give someone a way to get 'hold of them.

//al

Dear Friend,

I am a one year old Siberian Husky that was recently diagnosed with an Intrahepatic Liver Shunt.The doctor says that I have to have surgery, maybe more than one.The bills are piling up and I am hoping that you can lend a hand.If you can do any (or all) of the 3 suggestions below, it would be a big help.

1.Watch my video:

My sister Jaida and I have other videos on You Tube that might make you laugh…Like when Grandma gave us a GIANT Water Bowl:

2.Forward this email on to your friends and family.The more You Tube Hits I get, the closer I am to going “viral.â€Â(Okay, my people are computer geeks)

3.Buy some greeting cards or postcards from my store on Zazzle:

For every 3 cards I sell, I get $1.00 closer to surgery.

Thanks,

Little Z

I agree it seems like a scam .. Have removed all of the links, specifically as one of them was very clever discuised ... Looked like youtube but was actually youtu.be which looks extremely dodgy to me

Marc, I've seen that before - if you go to youtu.be it goes directly to youtube. It appears to ust be a short cut generator for youtube links.

I replied to their email suggesting that there are better ways to get help. If they reply (which I really don't expect) may I point them this way. If the videos are real, they really do have two good looking Husky's .... but then who really knows. They have a couple of good Husky vids up on youtube.

On the other hand the cards they're selling aren't too badly priced and are cute Husky cards. It may be a scam, it may be a business, it may be legit - I really don't know.

<< Mexid ometoins, on this one >>

I agree it seems like a scam .. Have removed all of the links, specifically as one of them was very clever discuised ... Looked like youtube but was actually youtu.be which looks extremely dodgy to me

Youtu.be is owned by Youtube/Google and is just for their shortening service for Youtube so it's legit.

The site itself does look fairly legit too. It's not a random shop on a random domain (like all scams are), it's hosted on top of a personalised gift shop website that looks very much like cafepress where you can easily sell gifts to to others. That site it's hosted on is reported to be safe too. No spam, no virusses and no reports of other users claiming its scam.

However, it's indeed a strange way to do it and easily backfires as shown in this thread. It's looks too much as spam and if it wasn't about a husky I'm sure you would've deleted it before even reading it, Al, I can understand that. Good intentions, poorly executed.