Laptops

naomiJayne

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey put it there pal, I've got the Asus G74SX and it's great, just upgraded from the Asus N53S series (this was a very good laptop). I upgrade every 6-12 months because my older bro works in IT and I get 70% back during tax time. Asus laptops are top notch, but I also agree that Macbook pro are great too (but I kind of see them for older people)

I've been putting a LOT of thought into the 74. but it doesn't have the graphics card i want =( i want the dual 580's =) how do you like the 74? you do much gaming?

I've been putting a LOT of thought into the 74. but it doesn't have the graphics card i want =( i want the dual 580's =) how do you like the 74? you do much gaming?

I do a lot of gaming, but I don't use my laptop for that. IMO, laptops aren't good for gaming because they get overheated way too quickly (which can damage components or shorten their lifespans) and you can barely upgrade anything in them when you try to play a new game. You should get a tower for gaming - I bought my 'gaming PC' 4 years ago and guess what...it runs Skyrim and Fallout 3 on full graphics settings + enhanced texture mods. I spent a pretty penny on it, though. I can get the specs if you want. :)

It's not that much different from the 73, from what I heard, they say it's a bit faster, but I really can't tell the difference. I use my laptop for University purpose only so I need a decent one to run programs (final cut pro mainly). In the past I was a gaming addict (world of warcraft ftw - played like 4 hours minimum everyday) but life catches up and you gotta work and build a career... I don't play or have any games on my laptop, gaming is on my fully decked computer which is running at a 3.4ghz i9 processing unit. The only real difference between 73 and 74 is price, that's how I see it. Typical stupidity, I thought 74 should be better since it cost 500 bucks more, turns out not that much a difference. The 74 I got is under SX series and has Geforce 560 graphics card, if that helps.