new pup

ice

OMG, no wonder the poor baby has the runs. Once a day - are you kidding? That breeder should be strung up. Its probably just that then, poor little fella. Thank God you took him, I know you shouldn't take them so young, but god knows what would have happened to him if he'd stayed there!

Well if he's still eating and drinking, I wouldn't worry too much, it probably just is the change, and possibly being wormed. These pesky huskies have very odd stomachs, Sky had the runs every night till she was 7 months old!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG!!!! Only feeding the pups once a day!!!!!!!!! SHIT (pardon my french) no wonder the poor thing is poorly.

You're doing all the right things, do the pinch test on the back of the neck and make sure he's not dehydrated, even if he picks up over the weekend, please still take him to the vets next week and keep us postedxxxxxxxx

OMG this is jus so wrong in my opinion - letting them go at 5 weeks makes my blood boil - isnt it basic knowledge that they should stay with parents til at least 8 weeks!

Cant offer any advice as what i was going to suggest/ say has been posted by others!

Please keep us updated!

i booked him into the vets just for a check up as i feel he is very small for his age and i can feel every one of his ribs :( the shits got worse after i phoned them but they were shut by then, his excuse for only feeding them once a day was that they would get bloated if fed more :eek:

i feel so much for the ones left behind :(

ok im worried sick now :( just been on another forum looking at pics of puppies and was looking at some 3 week old pups and they are bigger than my boy is now :eek: this is the pic of the 3 week old pup ( sorry to who ever this pic belongs to if you are on this site) huskypups1.jpg and this is the pic of my now 6 week old pup as of today/saturday 006-2.jpg

is there anyone in the south yorkshire area that would be willing to look over him for me seen as i cant get a vets appointment till monday

thank you everyone for your kind support so far

Ok this is wrong in so many ways, this breeder is a fupp wit and seems to me only in it to earn a few quid!..

These pups should not be away from there mother till about 8/9 weeks even then i feel that is to soon but thats just my opinion! i honestly think you need to report this Breeder, how long will it be befor he sells a very sick Pup to someone all because he was in a rush to earn some extra cash and never gave the pup enough time to suckle of Mum...

Please report him/her as the next pup wont be so lucky, and if the breeder is reading this post and is member of this forum can i just say your scum mate!! as long as you lined your pocket with money thats all that matters hey!!!!

ice, unfortunately im on my way to scotland for the evening otherwise wud have been happy to take a look for u.......we are however only down the road from u and will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can ovr the next few months....or longer as u find your feet with pup!

update....

pup has just come back from the vets, the vet agrees that shadow is small but isnt that worried about that. he did comment on him having a domed head saying there is a condition where pups can get water on the brain but he also felt that this was down to his size and wasnt worried about this, finnaly shadow has a sligh over bite but he wasnt worried about this either. he wants him back in a week to check this doming on his head and to weigh him again, he weighs just under 3kg at the mo. :)

i will keep you all updated as and when :)

rspca have been phoned so hopefully something will get dont to avoid this happening again.

also, i an still waiting to recieve kc papers from the breeder, if i dont recieve them is there any way i can go about getting them straight from the kennel club?

did you check to see if they were registered? when we went for tori we were told they were waiting for the papers to arrive, i asked for proof they were registered, the litter that is lol, i was given the dam and sires registered names and the dob of the litter, i phonedthe kc and they confirmed the litter was registered and the papers were in the post, heard of too many ppl thinking pups were registered and then the papers never showing

no i didnt :eek: i just presumed they were telling the truth, i mean we know where they live so really they couldnt get away with it could they? i have a receipt from them saying they will forward the kc papers as soon as they arive, if this doesnt happen is there anything that i can do?

i emailed the breeder yesterday to ask if the kc papers had arrived and she said yes they came yesterday :D she also mentioned that she is having nothing but trouble with another one she sold, oh i dont know why shocked.gif but anyway she said i should have the papers on tuesday :) but lets just see if they arrive first

report them to epupz and the KC once you have your papers in your hand, did they give you anything when you paid for your puppy,

if you want send me some pictures of his head and body. these type of breeders make me sick, they have had a lot of litters this year already,

did you get copys of the hip and eye tests,

I know it was very wrong of them to sell you the pup at 5 weeks, but you have saved that pups life,

don't forget to give the pup regular doses of actmal too,

If you need any help give us a shout

Terry