Hotmail nighmare....Can anyone help?Please!

Hellooo

I don't know if anyone can help but I am having a total mare with my hotmail account. On Thursday morning I tried to log ina nd was told the account had been blocked. I was given an option to provide a mobile phone number where I could get a code to regain access....I tried with my own number and with a friends number several times and no code received.

I then tried the 'Forgotton password' option. This sent me a link to an alternative email address. I have done this 4 times now. Each time the link says 'temporary problem, please try again later.'

It is now Sunday...I have been trying to regain access since Thursday. I've now emailed some msn tech support type site {ninemsn} but its in Australia so I have no clue if its the right place.

Everything is in this email address...I've had it for years!

Anyone had this problem before? Anyone any clue how to contact MSN or how to sort this?

Thanks!

I had that problem a while back, I had two accounts and I could only retrieve one and that was via the mobile phone! I guess you could keep on trying cause my first several attempts did absolutely nothing. I don't know about contacting the tech support, In my experience they never helped...is there maybe a number you could ring? things might get sorted out a bit quicker that way? or perhaps something that is joined upto your email account like facebook? maybe you could try that way??

I had that problem a while back, I had two accounts and I could only retrieve one and that was via the mobile phone! I guess you could keep on trying cause my first several attempts did absolutely nothing. I don't know about contacting the tech support, In my experience they never helped...is there maybe a number you could ring? things might get sorted out a bit quicker that way? or perhaps something that is joined upto your email account like facebook? maybe you could try that way??

I'll hunt tomo for a phone number. Will have a think of anyway I could get at them through facebook....maybe they have a techy page or summat.

I remember when I forgot my facebook password I logged into hotmail and went to forgot password and because I was logged into hotmail which was connected to facebook it let me make a new password straight up because I was logged into hotmail...thats why i'm thinking it could work the other way around? I could be wrong though

I'm no good at IT things but.... why does it sounds like your account has been hacked to me?

My thoughts as well.

I'M INNNN!!!!!! Wooooo! Feel free to roll your eyes and call me stupid but I actually got in because I finally picked the right pet for the answer to the silly security question of 'name your favourite pet' (turned out when I opened the account I had picked a bunny from many many moons ago! lol!).

Also when I finally accessed it seems hotmail has made a bunch of changes/ upgrades so am wondering if that is why I was locked out? Who knows! But I'm in now! Hallelujah!

I'M INNNN!!!!!! Wooooo! Feel free to roll your eyes and call me stupid but I actually got in because I finally picked the right pet for the answer to the silly security question of 'name your favourite pet' (turned out when I opened the account I had picked a bunny from many many moons ago! lol!).

Also when I finally accessed it seems hotmail has made a bunch of changes/ upgrades so am wondering if that is why I was locked out? Who knows! But I'm in now! Hallelujah!

:doglaugh: I did the same thing once because I couldn't remember the answer to "my favorite fictional character"