Macbook. Is. Confusing. Help. Me.

mydiamond

I've been using this macbook for a few months now but I'm still not used to it. It's just so very different from Windows and I'm having trouble in controlling the personal preferences thing. Now every time I click an application (such as Skype or Microsoft Words) it starts up by itself whenever I turn the laptop on. This is disturbing for sure, but I can't find just WHERE can I edit the settings so that the applications won't start themselves up whenever I turn the macbook on. I almost gave up, but then I clicked an app by accident and now it also starts itself up every time. It won't be such a big deal if this app doesn't take quite a long time to load (while loading I can't close it) and doesn't always pop up in full screen! =\ Argh this is disturbing yet annoying--I never went through any IT problems since I always figure things out by myself, but then I met Macbook and I'm done for :cry1: Now this might sound weird but only if my old laptop doesn't break down I would pick that old-fashioned BenQ over this fancy-looking macbook >_<

1. Open System Preferences (its either in your dock or in the Apple Button in the Upper left Corner of your desktop)

2. From the System Preferences screen, click the “Accounts†icon under the “System†settings.

3. For each account, there is a “Login Items†tab where you can add and remove programs to automatically launch at startup.

:D

Olivia, the System area is where your "Date and Time" option is located. On my Macbook, "Accounts" is the first option (on the far left) under System, and "Date and Time" is the next one over. If you click on "Accounts", as Marc said, up at the top you'll see two tabs - "Password" and "Login Items"...

Macs .... Horrible inventions LOL

Dont use one so unfortunatly this time Im of no help at all .... Dont get to say that very often on a tech subject so thought I would get it in there LOL

LOL it's weird how these things are so very popular right now isn't it LOL

sutsibe guess what in my macbook it doesn't say "accounts" it says "users and groups" xD but when I noticed the "login items" option, I knew it's the right thing to click :D thanks for helping Gigi and Sparks

Whoever hates Macs are only jealous. Windows is still unstable after all these years...personally never tried Linux so I can't comment on that.

I used to hate Macs as well...didn't see why they were so special. Now, after I got one and have had one for 5 years (with no problems whatsoever, hardware or software wise.), I can now say I'm a proud Mac owner.

Anyways, Olivia, I'm glad you got it sorted. :)

Macs .... Horrible inventions LOL

Dont use one so unfortunatly this time Im of no help at all .... Dont get to say that very often on a tech subject so thought I would get it in there LOL

Been a happy Mac owner for many years - love my Macs! BUT, it isn't often that I CAN help with tech stuff, lol!

LOL it's weird how these things are so very popular right now isn't it LOL

sutsibe guess what in my macbook it doesn't say "accounts" it says "users and groups" xD but when I noticed the "login items" option, I knew it's the right thing to click :D thanks for helping Gigi and Sparks

You're welcome, Olivia - glad that I COULD help. Must be something they do differently because of the difference in geographical areas...

Whoever hates Macs are only jealous. Windows is still unstable after all these years...personally never tried Linux so I can't comment on that.

I used to hate Macs as well...didn't see why they were so special. Now, after I got one and have had one for 5 years (with no problems whatsoever, hardware or software wise.), I can now say I'm a proud Mac owner.

Anyways, Olivia, I'm glad you got it sorted. :)

my school's computers are all Linux.. Pretty good, but yeah I gotta admit Mac is better LOL