Pollen

Today I took Kira to the vets for her yearly jags and I thought she had a really bad eye infection ,when we get up in the morning her eyes are really gunky and green and need to be cleaned however the vet said it was pollen that causes it and is very common at this time of year, I asked for eye drops and he gave me steroid and antiinflamatory ,anyone else came across this ?

Not heard of this with dogs. But I am one of unluky folk with hayfever and usually get it quite badly affected in my eyes (or up my nose!). I have to take eye drops, nasel spray and a tablet every day (eye drops supposed to take 4 times a day or just when they irritated).

I know they were supposed have made some hayfever "cure" which was an injection and when I went to talk to dr about it they said that was a steroid, I never got it though as it was new and my dr (not my dr now, live too far away!) had another patient who had the injetcion and it apparently killed him! Dont know how true that it is was one of those "heard it through the grapvine" cases!