travel sickness

you can get herbal tablets for travel sickness. How long before a car journey does Suka get fed? If going on a car jorney it is best to feed him 2 hours (minimum) before going in the car so the food wont be lying in the stomach and should have hopefully passed through to the other end, if he has an empty digestive tract her wont have nothung to bring up. Can Suka look out of the windows and have the window down slightly? Some dogs can become sick if they cannot see out of the window or has no fresh air circulating.

My mums dog, Rusty, use to get travel sick really bad and we used to give him a travel sickness tablet which helped him alot. Now he is older, he has grown out of it.

Here are a few links:

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp51/cc/dog-behaviour/travel-sickness.shtml

http://www.dog-car-sickness.co.uk/

here are the tablets we used for Rusty - http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item--Johnsons's-Travel-Eze-24-tablets--traveleze

thanks amy as i stated in my post he was fed 3 0r 4 hours before he traveled and it wasn't till we was travelling home that he was sick that must of been at least a nother 2 hours.

he travels in the boot but if he sits up he can look out the back window i'l see if we can get some of the tabs from the local pet store

Ginger biscuits have always worked for us, although we've never had a sibe who was a bad traveller. We have had Akitas and Shibas who were bad travellers over the years and the good old Ginger Biscuit always worked.

Mick

Kos gets travel sick, luckily beacause whenever we travel we always get up early and go straight away we just dont feed the girls till we get to where ver it is we are going....so she wont have been fed till then night before and we've had no problems since!!! I must say though if you are going somewhere later morning r afternoon this isnt going to be of much help to you, but might be worth trying for the trip to wales...see if it helps ;)

I'm going to give the ginger biscuits a try and see what happens, cheers Mick!!!! That is if she'll eat them....she's very fussy!

Thanks for the suggestions, Vets told us the ONLY way to stop him was sedation...and i am not up for that!!

Tell your vet to go back to vet school!!! Sedation is the very last resort and there are other ways to help travel sickness! Even I know that and I aint a vet!