Huskies and there urinating

Sibe77

I have never known a dog like our Grey that pee's so much! is it normal that Huskies pee as much as they do or is Grey the only one? i just took him for a walk to the shops and he must of peed about 10-15 times, every 5 yards i walked he peed a 5 min walk turns into 15 mins.

Is this normal or might there be a problem? he has been outside most of the day and his pee is not little spits to mark things he is really urinating a lot and even walks off in mid pee.....

Myshka does it a lot when we are out, but she doesn't stop to pee, think she hates to miss anything, so she carries on walking while peeing!! AND she will only pee on grass, she will cross her legs until she can find even 1 blade of grass then piddle & walk! It might just be cos of the heat & they are drinking a lot more to cool off.

• 6 months later...

It might be mostly do to marking territories or scenting. Where ever Lana pees at no matter how far it is Nanook would pee right over it despite him already going. He does it with other dogs as well.

Freckles and Nanook were very funny in our back yard. One would go, the other would pee over it, one would come back and pee again, then the other one would come back and repee on it , and this went on for a while. Funny.

Boys pee more than girls. At least that's what I've observed over the years. Males seem to pee whenever they smell whatever it is they smell that they for some reason, feel they need to mask or cover with their own scent. My son's dog Koda is a neutered male. If he is in the house for several hours and we let him out in the back yard, he will pee once for what seems a long time. If he's been out with Zoya, he pees more frequently, but less volume. But, if he sees Zoya takin a whiz, he's spot on to cover it up, even if he just took one himself.