everything they pee on dies and stinks lol

since the boys have been cocking there legs and peeing at least 500 times a day , everything in the garden is looking destinctly dead, the grass the bushes the hedges etc, thats not waht bothers me , it is the smell, its especially bad after it rains , you go out and it stinks , sort of pondy if that makes any sense, ive looked up and i know its all about the nitroegon in the pee etc , my question is , has anybody heard of or used dog rocks , or any thing similar to help ease the problem ????? 6503 Dog Rocks 9.95

Dog Rocks are an exciting, completely natural new product, mined in Australia and used to help prevent burn patches appearing on your lawn when your loving pet decides its bathroom time. They increase the properties of boron, barium, manganese and strontium while decreasing tin levels in the water. By simply placing Dog Rocks in your pets drinking bowl and covering with no more than 2 litres of water, your pet can help to fertilise your lawn rather than destroy it. Laboratory tested and safe for pets. Does not affect the pH of the pets urine. As Dog Rocks are a natural product, sizes may vary. One pack provides a 2 month supply

Bandit's pee can stink at times its horrible, luckily he goes right at the top of the garden so it doesnt smell so much! I was looking at the dogs rocks but again if I was going to spend money I would rather go for something with a quicker waiting time for them to work!

Our grass is dyeing in the garden also (I think that is also down to the lack of rain we have had lately also) - fortunately jamie knows what he is on about when it come to bringing grass back to life

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by my vet that a table spoon of tomato juice in the drinking water every day will reduce the acids in the urine - thus reducing the amount of dead patches in the garden!

Never tried it though as we have a patio area where the dogs go - and this gets scrubbed every day!

We've used brewer's yeast with garlic tablets for years. It has helped a great deal with dead spots. Never had a "smell" problem, so don't know if it works for that or not. I don't know if this works for all dogs, but it has worked well for ours.