Love our husky, but...

Boy, Mistyrayn...

I wasn't expecting such a snarky response when all I am trying to do is figure out what is best for my dog. Especially from someone who leaves his dogs outside for 8 hours a day...I appreciated the first part of your response, but the last bit was a bit condescending. I certainly know that owning a husky was a life changer and I have been living my life accordingly since the day he arrived at our home. My entire life has changed as a result of Stoli. I was simply looking for some support from other husky owners since you all understand the enormity of owning one of these dogs. Huskies are known for wanting to be with their "pack" so I find it very hard to leave him alone. And if you leave your dogs outside all day then surely you have NOT given up your freedom during the day like you suggest "we chose to give up these things..." And I know damn well Stoli is a life long commitment, I am not an idiot nor am I a negligent owner. When I said it can be depressing, I may have been overly dramatic in that word choice. If I had the flexibility to leave Stoli outside all day, as you do, perhaps the responsibility wouldn't seem as overwhelming.

i wasnt giving a snarky response .. just a straight forward to the point opinion... maybe you should have read my post properly as my girls are not left for 8 hours a day.. at any given point max time is about 4 hours but they have a large kennel so its not as if they dont have space to play and interact with each other.. the fact of life is i have to work to be able to keep my girls and feed them / run them etc.. if i could stay at home with them then hell yeh i would .. give up my freedom during the day... don't work... don't earn money.. don't earn money can't feed my girls etc.. can't feed my girls.. have to give them up.. so i have no choice but to work....

leaving mine in their kennel is a lot different to caging them... maybe you should look at my website pics showing their kennel before you judge them being left while i work...

as for saying i was being condescending..well i can only say is .. maybe you should have worded your post differently rather than stating " it can be depressing" i was only responding to what you had put. maybe had you phrased it different i could have responded different.. but my response was such .. for one simple reason.. that was the first time i have ever heard someone refer to Husky ownership as "Depressing"

i have given up so much for my girls .. but i will not let my girls rule and run my life.. i am pack leader ... not them !!

i have spent a lot of time and money making sure my girls are happy / safe & healthy and get the best i can for them....

i would love just to have a lay in on my days off.. but can't co's the girls wanna get up .. i get up earlier on my days off just to give my girls what they want and run them... last time i even saw a beach was to walk my girls along it ..let alone laze on it ..

but to be honest give me early mornings in freezing forest running my girls over lazing on beach anyday..

this is not directed at you or any one in particular.. it is just my own opinion.. but i would not have taken on a Husky if i didn't live where i do and had the space to give them a large outside kennel.. i know a lot of people do cage there dogs indoors.. i personally am not a lover of doing that .. but do respect that is what some need to do ... the only time my dogs are caged is for transportation ( safety )...

but as i said thats my opinion and feelings but do accept that some people are not able to have outside kennels etc..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic