Taking the huskies abroad

I love travelling and sightseeing. Now i have the committment of the 2 huskies it reduces the opportunity to travel abroad - I have done some reading into pet passports and taking to the EU - has anybody experienced this?

Id love to go to the norwegian mountain ranges, french alps etc wityh the dogs - but id hate them to go into quarantine. Ive heard from various sources that as long as they are vaccinated and have a "tracker" they are fine to leave and enter the UK as long as they havent been into a country where rabies is present?

Has anyone taken their dogs abroad with them?

not too sure how it works where you live but here all they need is their papers. when traveling by car just need their rabies shots and its fine. when traveling by plane they need to be seen by a vet no longer than 72 hours before the flight. always a good idea to bring them along they love new things as much as we do.

You can take them abroad after they have passed the time for the pets passports,

The order is

Chip

rabies jab

2 weeks

bloodtest

6 months from passed bloodtest

Travel

if you need any more help give us a shout as we have 7 with pets passports

Terry

Thanks for the information.

they are due their booster jab anyway in June so i will also ask about getting a rabies shot - perhaps plan an excursion for next year :)

And as long as they have followed this process, there is not a problem coming back into the UK?

I know a few people who have taken their dogs abroad, remember to check your microchip before you go, if it has moved and they can not find it when you want to return they won't let your dog back in- until quarantine is completed.

It is something I looked into in depth but then decided to wait for a few more years!

Sarah