Weird Behavior

So I haven’t seen Koopa (pit bull) do this lately but for a week or so he was doing something kind of odd. Koopa and Bear get along great, they play all the time. Well here recently Koopa started humping him, which I know isn’t odd and it’s a dominance thing, but here comes the weird part. He’ll also lie down and start sucking on Bear’s fur around his chest, neck and behind his front leg. Now WTF is that about?? :confused:

post-95-13586071317775_thumb.jpg <----- Weird boy :busted:

post-4265-13585967086527_thumb.jpg

i heard that the nuzzling kinda behaviour is submissive - but that doesnt explain why he would dominate him then submit to him - unless they are on the same level maybe? im not sure

I'm not sure which one is dominant really. Koopa will do the humping mostly but Bear has done it a few times. Bear is submissive towards Koopa most of the time, he'll lick his face/mouth a lot and he'll let Koopa eat first or move from the bowl (they have 2 bowls but always take turns eating from the same one). Now if Bear has some tasty human food or has a bone he will protect it and bark, Koopa gladly backs down. Bear is also able to take bones from Koopa and Koopa gladly gives them over gladly. Maybe they are just trying to figure out who's who or as you said are on the same level. I know how Koopa is since I've had him longer and he is submissive, so if Bear wanted to be the dominant one he easily could be.

Yeah I'm definitely glad they don't fight. I've dealt with that before with past dogs I've had. They get along great for the most part. Koopa being a pit bull is a bit annoying at times, tries to push himself on Bear to play when he doesn't want to. Bear will bark pretty loud and Koopa usually gets the message and leaves him alone. Just though it was weird that Koopa was sucking at Bear's his fur.

Oh well Silly boys :P

Yeah I'm definitely glad they don't fight. I've dealt with that before with past dogs I've had. They get along great for the most part. Koopa being a pit bull is a bit annoying at times, tries to push himself on Bear to play when he doesn't want to. Bear will bark pretty loud and Koopa usually gets the message and leaves him alone. Just though it was weird that Koopa was sucking at Bear's his fur.

Oh well Silly boys :P

lol skyla is like that with the boys too - pushes her self on them n bugs them to play even tho they dont want to lol :P

Could be just a comfort thing - Bear's fur is comforting to him...

I looked up dog astrology when we got Bear and I was reading Koopa's (he's a Capricorn :P) It said that Capricorn dogs enjoy the company of dogs with thick coats such as Nordic breeds and St. Bernards ... guess they weren't joking :doglaugh:

S

I looked up dog astrology when we got Bear and I was reading Koopa's (he's a Capricorn :P) It said that Capricorn dogs enjoy the company of dogs with thick coats such as Nordic breeds and St. Bernards ... guess they weren't joking :doglaugh:

Seems like! :rofl: