sensitive stomach

so Logan has been on a new diet of Taste of the wild with raw ( not together though) and has been fine for the past week until today where he wouldnt touch the food i put down this morning. this followed by mass diarrhoea on walk (was awful) he seems his happy self he must have eaten something in the garden or out on walk but would you say huskies have a more sensitive stomach than most breeds or is that just logan? miley would eat ANYTHING! so its strange seeing food being left.

seem to have perked up a bit now but he has done this a few times now just think its a little weird

to be honest, and dont shoot me down, i think sensitive stomachs are our own faults. babies have loose stools until they get used to the foods.

different foods will upset their stomach a little because they are not used to it, but if fed a variety over time they get used to it.

my 2 have a very varied diet because micha gets bored of the same thing over and over again.

the only time she had bad guts was as a puppy, and we where feeding her the same stuff the breeder said they where feeding her.

my 2 eat literally anything

but i prefer to feed them raw food bones and veg

to be honest, and dont shoot me down, i think sensitive stomachs are our own faults. babies have loose stools until they get used to the foods.

different foods will upset their stomach a little because they are not used to it, but if fed a variety over time they get used to it.

my 2 have a very varied diet because micha gets bored of the same thing over and over again.

the only time she had bad guts was as a puppy, and we where feeding her the same stuff the breeder said they where feeding her.

this is exactly why david.

Kira has been swapped around foods since she got here, fed anything and everything, im 100% sure thats the reason for her iron guts lol

I have two huskies, both 4 months old, who have had the exact same problem. Any change to their diet and it instantly upsets their stomach. Maybe you could check with a vet and make sure everything is okay, just to rule out the possibility of an infection? I say that because we had to do the same and it turned out that the ingredients in the extremely poor quality food that our breeder gave us when we collected them caused some bad bacteria to form inside their stomach which gave them very bad diarrhea. They still have problems with it now and their stools are soft more often than they are hard. I suppose it's just trial and error really but from my experience so far, they do tend to have more sensitive stomachs than any other dog I've ever had or come across to be honest. Good luck and I hope Logan gets better soon (he is adorable by the way!) x

This is the best diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we give ours pasta, rice, tomatoes, carrots, sweetcorn and then lots of raw flesh, hide and bones, no cooked bones though, ours love fish too, but if you use salmon you need to cook it, as its a bottom feeder its full of dangerous bacteria

I have two huskies, both 4 months old, who have had the exact same problem. Any change to their diet and it instantly upsets their stomach. Maybe you could check with a vet and make sure everything is okay, just to rule out the possibility of an infection? I say that because we had to do the same and it turned out that the ingredients in the extremely poor quality food that our breeder gave us when we collected them caused some bad bacteria to form inside their stomach which gave them very bad diarrhea. They still have problems with it now and their stools are soft more often than they are hard. I suppose it's just trial and error really but from my experience so far, they do tend to have more sensitive stomachs than any other dog I've ever had or come across to be honest. Good luck and I hope Logan gets better soon (he is adorable by the way!) x

hi, you need to try barf diet, I get lots of bones for free and your not too far away if you need any

hi, you need to try barf diet, I get lots of bones for free and your not too far away if you need any

Thank you =) we've heard good things about that stuff. They absolutely love the food they are on at the moment though and I'm reluctant to change it just yet as I don't want to upset their stomach even more by introducing something else. Where are you based? x

post-4228-1358596384859_thumb.jpeg