Full Moon

valhalla

Dont know but I get an itch behind my right ear that I tend to scratch with my right foot for some reason :lol:

do you fall over when you do this??

Storm does this lying down but usually while he's licking his winky!!! :blink::lol:

Studies have shown that the full moon actually has a minimal effect on dogs...HOWEVER...I'm not certain what these studies contain or what they're establishing as a baseline behavior as so many other things can alter the way a pet behaves...

What I can tell you is that I worked mental health for a decade and one of our state workers had a hypothesis made in fun regarding the full moon and it's effect on human behavior. He actually started tracking incidents of violence on a lunar calendar and over the course of years noted that there was a substantial increase in violent or irresponsible behavioral incidents for the four days preceding the full moon and the three days after it. The full moon itself didn't seem to have any marked differences from other days in regards to documented behavioral abnormalities.

Random perhaps but it came to mind when I read this thread

Hubby was telling me last night that tonights full moon will be close to earth than it has been in years by something like 31000 miles.

It was all very interesting until he finished it off with:

"that means fruitloops like you are really gonna go off the deep end... I might go out"

unsure.gifrolleyes.gifohmy.gif

Studies have shown that the full moon actually has a minimal effect on dogs...HOWEVER...I'm not certain what these studies contain or what they're establishing as a baseline behavior as so many other things can alter the way a pet behaves...

What I can tell you is that I worked mental health for a decade and one of our state workers had a hypothesis made in fun regarding the full moon and it's effect on human behavior. He actually started tracking incidents of violence on a lunar calendar and over the course of years noted that there was a substantial increase in violent or irresponsible behavioral incidents for the four days preceding the full moon and the three days after it. The full moon itself didn't seem to have any marked differences from other days in regards to documented behavioral abnormalities.

Random perhaps but it came to mind when I read this thread

Absolutely true...worked in Social Services and everything seemed to get worse around the full moon. Been noticing this week the dogs are a little more bonkers than usual.