Payment plan options on rigs/scooters

Hi guys,

After the rally at the weekend I have decided to get a rig, and not a 2nd hand one either, Im going for a brand new one!!

Just thought this might be interesting to some of you, but I have been in touch with a few companies who are willing to do payment plans, for people who cant just slap down 500 quid on a rig (like me)

Now its not a case of pay a deposit, get the rig, then continue withthe payment (unfortunately), they do hold the rig until your fully paid up, but thats understandable

These companies/makes are happy to do them, and may also do them on scooters aswell:

Steeldog

Cudos (but will not do one on their heritage :()

Outdoordog

There are also these companies who I am yet to contact, I dont know whether they do them or not, but its always worth asking:

Mystic rigs (very nice rigs)

Bruce Hall (rose has this one and I got on well with it)

Just thought you might be interested ;)

Awsome stuff Sid! Maybe if I ever get my two running together (or convince the hubby to let me have another one.. or two huskies :lol: ) be something to look into. I do like the idea of the stability of three wheels instead of two Im abit of a wuss and going fast of a scooter is scary! LOL

Got my tax rebait in the post this morning and while I was opening it I was thinking in the thousands and thinking oooh the husky things I could buy!! Then I opened it! LOL

Lol I have decided on getting one from bruce, had a go on rose's and liked the feel of it

£400 for v-brakes, £450 for drum brakes and £500 for disk brakes, suspension as standard

Think im gunna get the drum brakes :D they work better in wet n mud ;)

Definately felt sooo much safer on the rig than on my scooter, scooter is fine for one dog, but with 2 its a deathwish!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi

well over the yrs ive had a fair few rigs lol

first one we had was a old school bruce hall very solid very good rig handles well

2nd was anaother bruce hall sadly stolen but another great rig

3rd was a mistic very good rig handled very well

4th was a diablo from culppers now racing on this rig handles very well and very good rig only fault ive had with it is frame split end off last season and had to be rewelded nothing down to make or design just had lots off use

5th was the 1st one we ever had and spold bought back lol

just like to add there are plenty off cheaper about that with a bit off tlc and new parts you can get some very good bargins out there had a few others in my time just for rebuilding and reselling depnding on what brakes you put on and how much your budget is you can buy and rebuild for a few hundred quid

would like to add also been on steel dog very good rig handles very well also been on a cudos very very good rig and so is qaudriga best advice i can give is go and speak to ppl with other rigs ask for a scoot about on them see how they feel and which suits you best

as for scooter used a pawtreker old one which bottomed out one bumps ( i am big guy lol) now got a toucan and and runs and handles well shame about the handler on it lol

steve

hi

well over the yrs ive had a fair few rigs lol

first one we had was a old school bruce hall very solid very good rig handles well

2nd was anaother bruce hall sadly stolen but another great rig

3rd was a mistic very good rig handled very well

4th was a diablo from culppers now racing on this rig handles very well and very good rig only fault ive had with it is frame split end off last season and had to be rewelded nothing down to make or design just had lots off use

5th was the 1st one we ever had and spold bought back lol

just like to add there are plenty off cheaper about that with a bit off tlc and new parts you can get some very good bargins out there had a few others in my time just for rebuilding and reselling depnding on what brakes you put on and how much your budget is you can buy and rebuild for a few hundred quid

would like to add also been on steel dog very good rig handles very well also been on a cudos very very good rig and so is qaudriga best advice i can give is go and speak to ppl with other rigs ask for a scoot about on them see how they feel and which suits you best

as for scooter used a pawtreker old one which bottomed out one bumps ( i am big guy lol) now got a toucan and and runs and handles well shame about the handler on it lol

steve

Very good advice Steve! The only thing I'd say about the Toucan scooter, (thats what I have atm) Is either give it a once over yourself or get someone who knows to give it a once over.. Iv just come to do some maintence on mine went to tighten the handle bar bolt and the damn thing snapped!! It was crome plated then the rest of it was just cheap crap metal! VERY dangerous considering that could have snapped while I was riding it!! Dont know if thats a standard thing to do but I shall be emailing the company believe me! :blink:

Very good advice Steve! The only thing I'd say about the Toucan scooter, (thats what I have atm) Is either give it a once over yourself or get someone who knows to give it a once over.. Iv just come to do some maintence on mine went to tighten the handle bar bolt and the damn thing snapped!! It was crome plated then the rest of it was just cheap crap metal! VERY dangerous considering that could have snapped while I was riding it!! Dont know if thats a standard thing to do but I shall be emailing the company believe me! :blink:

the toucans are normaly good standered and im sure if you told phil at culpeppers about it he would help you out no end as for the repares and rebuilding i do all my own stuff self taught excepts any welding where i have a good mate who good with the old welder lol

got to ask which bit snapped on you was it the head stock or the stem that goes inside the head from the handle bars

steve

the toucans are normaly good standered and im sure if you told phil at culpeppers about it he would help you out no end as for the repares and rebuilding i do all my own stuff self taught excepts any welding where i have a good mate who good with the old welder lol

got to ask which bit snapped on you was it the head stock or the stem that goes inside the head from the handle bars

steve

It was the bolt itself that snapped the one that holds the handlebars on to the scooter, as I said it wasnt proper solid metal.

Didnt buy it from culpeppers so would feel cheeky asking for help from them, but like I said I fully intend to email the manufacturer directly to let them know this happend.

Im still learning how to do everything maintence and repairs wise... I have friends who know what their doing helping me :P

Thats why I feel it is a good idea to buy one that is not been put together so you can check the components before using them, Bolts are not expencive even if yoyu have to get one made. If you buy a second hand one strip it down and check everything. Also when you buy a secondhand one don't forget to check the joints for cracks, this is also the same for rigs before you pay for it.

It was the bolt itself that snapped the one that holds the handlebars on to the scooter, as I said it wasnt proper solid metal.

Didnt buy it from culpeppers so would feel cheeky asking for help from them, but like I said I fully intend to email the manufacturer directly to let them know this happend.

Im still learning how to do everything maintence and repairs wise... I have friends who know what their doing helping me :P

then again sarah, how old is the scooter??

Its 2nd hand and you run that risk with 2nd hand gear, you dont know how well its been maintained, what sonditions its been kept in etc etc, even a strong bolt will snap or sheer off after time if not properly maintained

then again sarah, how old is the scooter??

Its 2nd hand and you run that risk with 2nd hand gear, you dont know how well its been maintained, what sonditions its been kept in etc etc, even a strong bolt will snap or sheer off after time if not properly maintained

Yes it was second hand but I know the lady who sold it to me and it was just kept in her shed when not in use.

It wasnt to do with the maintenence it was to do with the fact that the bolt wasnt solid metal it was chrome plated monkey metal (cheap mix of zinc and aluminium which has loads of air bubbles in it) which is a manufacturing problem. But anywho, thanks to my bike fixing friend I have a proper solid metal bolt in there now so no more danger! :D

As a mechanical engineer, I can say monkey metal should never be used for fittment of components where stress on the joint is involved. Holding number palates on cars etc is ok but if it was used as you say that is leathel and and manufaturer needs reporting for selling dangerous equipment.

i would still speak to phil and he will advise you where to get new parts for it that are good quality got to say got mine 3rdd hand lol but was from a close freind who hand rebuilt it and onlt had it for about 3 mths used about 6 times then gave to us as for those bolts ive had a good quality one shear off when i was running a small team thank god and was luckly near the end off my run on a rig so glad it wasnt my 6 dog racing team only the old girls out for a leg stretch lol

is a good point meesh about keeping on top off it or if you buy 2nd hand take some time to strip it down and give it some oil and tlc ect

steve

As a mechanical engineer, I can say monkey metal should never be used for fittment of components where stress on the joint is involved. Holding number palates on cars etc is ok but if it was used as you say that is leathel and and manufaturer needs reporting for selling dangerous equipment.

That was my thoughts too Meesh, and Im gunna email the company to check that this isnt the case.. I did get it second hand so have no indesputable proof that thats how it was made but thought I'd email them to let them know anyway.