Defiant 4 month old puppy

Am I correct in thinking that this would be the equivalent of a toddler challenging boundaries? He used to be so good at coming inside from the garden when called/whistled but now he won't. It's really hard to persuade him to come in. He also used to be really good on the lead and walk alongside me (for occasional treats) but now he pulls me really bad and I'm struggling to control him. Also because he pulls it makes him gasp for breath, which scares me and makes me not to want to correct him in case I hurt him.

Zoey did the gasping thing when she pulled, put her in a harness and it stopped her choking and made it easier to control her on walks. Poor girl, wasn't her fault, she was NEVER walked at her old home, she had to go to bathroom on a cardboard box on a balcony of an apartment. Disgusting.

what type of collar are you using - half check, slip collar etc? is it defo fitted correctly?? A husky will pull, i personally will only walk mine on a harness so he pulls from the chest and no pressure on his neck

Have you taken him to any puppy training? this is a great way for you to get support and put into practice the key areas

Can you bribe him in with a treat/special toy etc? this usually works. Huskys are stubborn but you need to continue as he will keep challenging you and dominate you. Every time he comes in when called - treat immediatly.

Use 'key; words which are simple - Storm 'in', Storm 'out', Storm 'off', Storm 'sit', storm 'down' etc - dont get into sentances and different words..they need to be the same and the same words used by everyone in your family.

it's just a normal collar. we have completed the puppy training and are about to start the follow up group next week. It takes a lot of toy squeaking, treat box shaking before he comes in. He used to just come in if I used the whistle. I think we need to go out and get him a harness fitted.