Longboard and sled training?

Eventually I plan to train my dog to pull a small sled, (longboard in the summer) my older brother (german shepard) and his friend (malamute/husky) do this all the time, it is alot of fun, but there is no commands or training involved we just hook em up, and enjoy the ride.

I plan on having Suka pull my little girl around the park on a tiny sled (with me trotting on the back) I was hoping someone would have some good advice on how to train them to start, stop, faster slower, etc.

also anyone know a good site for a cheap kicksled?

Thanks

no commands??? eek get a full body suit laugh.gif

I run my boys on my scooter and use Hike, haw, gee, on by, easy and wooahhhh - without these i think i'd be in a LOT of pain right now rolleyes.gif

If pulling your girl i'd suggest having a long line attached to her collar - i had my boys pulling my step son on a sledge last year and he fell off but the boys kept on going blink.gif

Best way to train them would be to start out on walks, say hike on in an excited voice and run then easy....and slow down etc :)