Head Collar

So, for the past month or so Tuk's been in a head collar for walks to reduce his pulling. I know some dogs don't like them, and they try to get it off. Tuk's done this on a few occasions but for the most part just puts up with it. The last couple of days he's picked up this habit of walking next to me and rubbing his snout against my legs as we're on our walks. Doing so he's tripped me up a few times. Nothing crazy, just enough to disturb my pace.

I guess my question is this: is he trying to love on me or is he probably just trying to get the head collar off? Or is he trying to display some kind of dominance?blink.gif

So, for the past month or so Tuk's been in a head collar for walks to reduce his pulling. I know some dogs don't like them, and they try to get it off. Tuk's done this on a few occasions but for the most part just puts up with it. The last couple of days he's picked up this habit of walking next to me and rubbing his snout against my legs as we're on our walks. Doing so he's tripped me up a few times. Nothing crazy, just enough to disturb my pace.

I guess my question is this: is he trying to love on me or is he probably just trying to get the head collar off? Or is he trying to display some kind of dominance?blink.gif

We just switched Pongo to a head collar as well. first he put up a great fit, and every once in awhile will stop to try to paw the collar off. Now he rubs his head against our legs to try and get it off. so I would say Tuk's doing the same thing. I don't think the collar is uncomfortable I just think some dogs don't like the control it gives us over them lol. I just give Pongo a firm "no" when he rubs his head on us or a "let's go!" to tell him to keep going.

hes trying to get his head collar off, how did you introduce the collar to him did you just stick it on him and hope he got used to it?

check out this thread i done on head collars i hope it helps

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12199-getting-used-to-a-head-collar/page__p__179172__hl__%2Bhead+%2Bcollars__fromsearch__1#entry179172

We just switched Pongo to a head collar as well. first he put up a great fit, and every once in awhile will stop to try to paw the collar off. Now he rubs his head against our legs to try and get it off. so I would say Tuk's doing the same thing. I don't think the collar is uncomfortable I just think some dogs don't like the control it gives us over them lol. I just give Pongo a firm "no" when he rubs his head on us or a "let's go!" to tell him to keep going.

Yeah, I usually just ignore him when he does it. Just don't want to hurt him or anything.

Darwin does this all the time, as well as what we call "Face Surfing" rubbing his head along the grass, this usually ends up with thehead collar half off over one of his ears. . . then he LEAPS forwards or backwards and he's out.

Thank goodness for the safety strap attached to his collar.

Even if he does get completely off. . . he just runs and hunkers down, and then wants us to chase him.

After about ten minutes he lets us approach and clip him back on. biggrin.gif