satin balls

hiya all, just looking at the link for the satin balls which seems to be american, ie wtf is total cereal lol, was wondering if anybody in the uk has a version of satin balls with ingrediants we can get over here, and where you get them from ie unsulfured molasses, googled it and got sites about growin canabis, thanks

lol thats what i was like when i saw the list...well i live in the UK and if you have a Holland and Barrets near you then perfect, you can get the oatmeal and wheatgerm there, they have two jars of molasses (it's just pure sugar from the cane), they have their own brand but i prefer the 'Meridian Blackstrap Molasses' it's about 1.09 or something,

the gelatin you can get from tesco, they do gelatin leaves for 1.52

i found it hard getting the cheap hamburger meat so i had to get minced lamb and sprinkled some flour over it to bind it.

i didn't know what total cereal but i assumes it was just a plain complete cereal, so i went to tesco and got a big box of their discount brands for 75 or 79p <<< it makes it less expensive and they do fine on it << it's just plain ceral with no nuts or bits in it...i think it's called corn flakes!

instead of the 1 1/4 cup of veg oil i use extra virgin cold press olive oil because yes i want her to gain weight but i would like to make it as healthy as poss..so olive beats veg oil and i prefer lamb to beef aswell:p

it really works btw, my husky girl was fed on james wellbeloved but it made her loose weight as she does not eat a lot, i divided into portions i knew my girl would eat and put them into freezer bags and defrosted them before bed as they do not take long so i dont want them to go off.

i dont know if your on a raw diet but if you are not i would reccamend for the first 1-2weeks mixing a small amount with her old food and if she has the runs always serve it with boiled rice for 2 weeks and then lessem the rice, i went to the petshop after the two weeks and bought some small mixer instead of rice and she can eat them on their own now! << i think it takes a while for their systems to a) get used to the raw meat and B) the molasses is srtong but pure.

this week i could'nt afford to buy all that lamb again so as a substitute i went tp the petshop and bought those frozen blocks of tripe, they have tripe, tripe and chicken, rabbit, chicken and lamb << they work just as well as they are a raw meat and rather fatty they will only cost 85p max per block and will last the day!

sometimes i cut it in half so if i cant get 10pounds of meat i will just add less molasses and eggs and oil but the mixture should be firm so just use your initiative, the egg shells i jsut crumble with ym hands << their a great source of calcium, and just a tip fopr the gelatin>> you may know this and im just a moron lol but dont put it in hot water>>>disaster!!! luke warm is best:o

any health shop should stock the molasses and make sure it is the gluten and yeast free!

good luck with and i am having great success with them!

Good reply Ice and Cripton - Ice and cripton

Found this:

http://www.holisticdog.org/Nutrition/Satinballs/satinballs3.html

and this has page has few different recipies from others:

http://www.holisticdog.org/Nutrition/Satinballs/satinballs2.html

and this one to:

http://www.holisticdog.org/Nutrition/Satinballs/satinballs.html

hope these help

thanks guys and sibe_wolf thats a great site, i like the cream cheese fat balls, it might be worth putting some cottage cheese in there...tried to add to your rep but it said i should spread it around before adding you again... :S...new to this lol

but it's deff worth trying other recipies too, right now my girl is doing great on the original recipe so i wont trouble her again lol but i may add some cheese next time :P

made the first batch of satin balls this mornin, got quite messy and dear god that molasses is like tar , have you ever noticed when your hands r messy you get an itch on ya nose lol, the boys were quite happy with the results, must admit it did smell rather yummy, even went to lick fingers a few times lmao grosssssssss, forgot there was raw meat in it

hey, glad they like them....and yes the mess is gross, so the second time round i mixed it with a plastic spoon>>>>and yeh it kinda smells like toffee:p how are their stools btw? it took alaska 3 weeks for her to get used to it and even now i have to add a lot of total cereal and mixer, but let me know how their weight goes i would be interested to know how it affects different sibes...how old are your two? mine are 8 months :cool: