what collar is best for a husky a collar or a chest harness

I have not yet brought my husky as i am getting him soon and i was wondering what kind of leash to get him, i have read up and have found that chest harness are preferd over collars but was wondering what dog owners use them selves and if it is a essentual to use a chest harness or isit ok to use a neck collar.

I'm no expert, but I would think that with a harness, there's less chance of causing injury.

I read somewhere, that for huskies its best to use a harness especially on pups they tend to pull and some jump while pulling which can harm their neck ....id say once the animal is trained and never pulls maybe its ok for a collar (unless the collar is just for the tags) but id say harness is best. just my two cents

It's a choice thing really and also depends on how old the husky is you are getting if pupp i would say a padded collar. and when reaches about 7 months+ switch to a harness.

I personaly prefer a harness on my older ones i find it gives me that much more control. But every dog is different.

If you plan on working your dog in the future then don't use a harness for walking. A harness should always mean "pull." Even if it's something you don't plan on doing now, you might change your mind down the road. You'll find out how good this breed is at pulling once your dog starts taking you for walks..lol.