My 2 Huskys are crazy

Hello Guys i am new got the Link from a Friend and thought i could maybe get some help with my crazy Dogs...

To our Story, We got our "Big Boy" when he was 8 Weeks old Shadow, picked him up on the 07.02.2010.

Breeder said he is KC registered, never seen or got any Papers, well anyway he got very poorly Vet4Pets said grade 2 Heart marmor and he will only last to about 6 Month ... well we changed the Vets and he was only laughing about it was not even a grade 1 and is now gone, was caused by worms as he was full of them, well we felt like going through a hard time, as we had to get him in a Vet Hospital and and and, anyway

after we sorted him we thought he might want to have a playmate so we found our girly she is born on the 17.02.2010. got her when she was 12 weeks (previous owners had to give her away cus of a rash from the husband)

she did not have had a name when we picked her up,poor thing. Now she has a permanent Home and a Name, Sky.

shadowandsky020.jpg

at the back Sky

in front Shadow

well here my little few problems

Sky does rip everything apart from socks to new shoes or even our Bed had to die in her opinion, and she loves the bin, she loves walks but drags me around everywhere, starts to get so excited when she see other people and nearly dies being so happy to see other dogs.she does not let me train her much she knows "Sit" but she does not want any more, I try to train daily.

Shadow is nearly an angel, I can not even complain much just the love to birds, he does know the "leave it" it just does not work on birds. He does not even pull much when he is on a walk alone, just when Sky is with us.

The every morning walk to get my Son to School(2Miles) was very hard so I can only take one, they did just grow a way to strong now, they drag me and my Partner easy away which makes it quite hard to like walks :P

When she is left alone, nothing is safe.

Best thing that sometimes happens is this.... NAP Time

shadowandsky012.jpg

I hope you have some advise for me,

Thank you

Merlina

When we walk past other dogs we distract ours with treats. it works a charm with Akia and is ok with Willow. Its certainly worth a try.

As for training Huskies are a nightmare. They're so stubborn lol. They only do something if they know they will get something out of it.

Hope that will be some help.

XXXB)

welcome to the pack :) yours sound alot like mine lol - skyla chews everything - thank god for crates - and blaze pulls like a steam train lol - have u tried a canny-collar - abit like a head collar but doesnt ride up in2 their eyes like a head collar does - makes walking soooooo much easier :)

they are both gorgeous btw :wub:

what beautiful looking huskies you have, if you have a look in the husky questions section of the forum there will be helpful hints on training etc, perseverance is the name of the game they can be stubborn so and so's but oh so worth the hard work. we have 2, one is 15 months and is an angel but the new pup who is 14 weeks is a completely different story, cant trust him with anything but he is still learning as are we as to what gets his attention (food,toys). I've got him a kong today and he has lots of nylabones and he still prefers our shoes. a firm no usually gets him to drop them but sometimes we have to chase him round the garden too :D

i did just start to read through the traing area and i will def trie the collar, so far we was hopefull of other ways, lol

thing with the treads is following ... Sky gives a Sh*** on food soon as she walks out the door :) Shadow does like treats a lot and he is okay, but i have to walk my dogs alone which makes it hard to hold one and try to get the other one a treat.

I love the walks with Shadow a lone a lot really only thing is his love for birds.

Sky just does not give up ever, like a never ending battery,or one of these toys who stand back up all the time.

I so love Skyla - so stunning eyes and Blaze just looks fab, really gorgeous, i love bi eyes, sky has bi eyes as well, shadow has brown eyes but i love his fur colour :)

welcome to the pack :) your babies are adorable :D they sound very much like sibe puppies :lol: embry tears apart everything and drags me down the street as well. I got him an easy walk harness to stop the pulling, so far so good. Putting him in obedience classes also helped us a lot also. so maybe you want to try that.

i did just start to read through the traing area and i will def trie the collar, so far we was hopefull of other ways, lol

thing with the treads is following ... Sky gives a Sh*** on food soon as she walks out the door :) Shadow does like treats a lot and he is okay, but i have to walk my dogs alone which makes it hard to hold one and try to get the other one a treat.

I love the walks with Shadow a lone a lot really only thing is his love for birds.

Sky just does not give up ever, like a never ending battery,or one of these toys who stand back up all the time.

I so love Skyla - so stunning eyes and Blaze just looks fab, really gorgeous, i love bi eyes, sky has bi eyes as well, shadow has brown eyes but i love his fur colour :)

aww thank you :)

skyla is the same with birds too she will stop and stalk them then dive - i think its a husky thing they LOVE prey lol - the canny collar will help :)

blaze isnt fussed about treats either but like i sed with the canny collar its rly easy to control them so shud b easy for u 2 get a treat out whilst u hold the leads in 1 hand - i use double ended leads too so i can clip 1 end to their harness 1 to the canny collar - blaze has never slipped the collar but i like 2 b on the safe side - u can get the leads on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280522069129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT - and u can get them in LOADS ov diff colours too :) just make sure u say what colour u want when u buy it :)

Sabresmum thats what i just thought when i saw you pictures :) and i just made the first picture like 4 hours ago :D

bingblaze'n'skayla i bookmarked it gonna look closer tomorrow with my partner

what do you guys say about breeding? we are not sure, well i am not first of all i want to wait till they are 2 years and make all the tests like hips heart and that, but on the other hand i did hear that can be dangerous??

fab pic, and they sound just like mine on walks lol. why bother breeding if you don't have the papers, theres no point putting your lil girl through that and yes it can be dangerous if for mum and pups hun. i have 2 boys and a girl, i'd have loved pups but my girl means to much to me to risk any harm to her as i don't have a clue what to do if any thing went wrong.

please think about it, as there are so many of these lovely dogs in rescue xxxxxx

that is what i do think about aswell, i would not like to just give a random person one of my Babys :( well our whole Family wants one ... we would allready have at least 5 requests for a Baby.

Well with the Papers, we do have hers saying she is a pedigree, but on him, because of vet4pets the breeder thought we are scammers who tried to get money back for a healthy dog,which was not true.

we ask the KC if they have any Huskys born around his date and the area we picked him up from, they said no, we even gave the name from the "breeder" and they was not registered, so i think we got scammed

we are just happy they are now healthy as they are! Another question i have is about Insurance ...

we had the highest insurance for Shadow from PetPlan was nearly 36£ , Shadow had to go to the Vets and stay there over night like 6 weeks ago, the Vet told us to try make a claim for it,so we did...

PetPlan came now back to us, saying they won't pay it out because what he has was not insured, and it was "just" a Virus(did look to us nearly like Parvo - runny bloody poo and throwing out with blood bits in it aswell)

We called teh Vets they said they are suprised that they don't want to pay it out.

We payed for both dogs together about 50£ now we changed to TESCO - 20£ for both ... someone mention today to me Argos? any suggest

aww thank you :)

skyla is the same with birds too she will stop and stalk them then dive - i think its a husky thing they LOVE prey lol - the canny collar will help :)

blaze isnt fussed about treats either but like i sed with the canny collar its rly easy to control them so shud b easy for u 2 get a treat out whilst u hold the leads in 1 hand - i use double ended leads too so i can clip 1 end to their harness 1 to the canny collar - blaze has never slipped the collar but i like 2 b on the safe side - u can get the leads on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT - and u can get them in LOADS ov diff colours too :) just make sure u say what colour u want when u buy it :)

We use double ended leads on ours too so you have control from both harness and collar, give this a try, it makes life sooo much easier :lol:

lol after we was at Vet4Pets and they done all the crap to us, like a Nurse told us with Shadows health condition he will only grow to 6 month (he is 8 now and VERY healty) cost us about 1000£ in 2 weeks we changed to another vet and he is happy healthy since...

i have to say we was a bit naive when we got Shadow,just to the story...

we went to visit Shadow with his Family close to Liverpool (about 90Miles away) we only saw him and like 3 siblings no Mum no Dad we was been told we will see them when we pick him up, but we straight fall in love with him,so it was not even a question if we take him home or not, lol

2 days later he was ready to go so we went to pick him up. We arrived and there was no one we knocked on the Door and they told us the Couple who sells the Dogs will be there shortly (had to wait about a half hour because they was still asleep at 11am) hm, so we got Shadow..he was all dirty and smell like a pack of dogs but no where any sibling, no Mum no Dad, and they told us they will send us the KC papers as She still has to sort them .... then they said he didn't have his first shot, so we got a bit of the price and said okay we will do it right the next day (was a Sunday we picked him up).

He had the runs, so we went straight to the Vets next day to get him a check up and the first shot and get his worming tabletts sorted. At Vets4Pets we had to wait 1,5 hours (with a Puppy ho is only 8 Weeks old) i was a bit pissed to be honest, then he did not even got looked at from "the" Vet it was the Nurse who a few days later told us he will die. He said he is fine we should give him a few days to settle down then he can have the first Vac. the next 2 days Shadow did go fast downhill, he didn't want to eat much and not really drink , his belly was big so we got worried. we went back to Vet4Pets and the nightmare began

Shadow was tired all the time, his bloodpreasure was bad, his poo was bad we had to give him in the hospital over night and had to get infusions with water andandand, really a lot of stuff. then they came on the idea to worm him .... he started to get better ALOT of worums came out of this little guy, after they told us he will die we said we want a second opinion,after that we had to pay less at Vet4Pets (before every visit did cost us about 100£plus then "just" 60£) they ask us why we want to see another Vet -we said just for a second opinion, then we talked to the Vet and from one day to another we had a healthy dog .... that was the last day we was been seen at Vet4Pets to be honest.

Since we Changed the Vets everything is 100% better, our Pups are strong and healthy, this Vet just looks at them and can tell you what is wrong.

Now something else walking ...

We changed the leads to the head collar and OH MY GOD, what a dream to walk them. They hate the head collars but i think its just a matter of Time as they are used to the Harness, its just different but the Pulling is GONE, i can finally walk my two Babys together again YAY, thank you guys