Marking

How should I go about stopping Desna from marking inside the house? It's not a house breaking thing, as he will let me know when he needs out... but for about the last 3 weeks, he's decided he needs to mark the toilet in my bathroom. Desna is 1 year and 3mos. old, I haven't had him clipped yet, and he hasn't done this until my sister and her dog moved back in until she moves off for grad school? Desna had no problems when it was just him and Vince (my other dog) in the house. Could something about Tanner ( my sister's dog) be stressing him out making him feel he has to mark inside? If so, why just the toilet and not, say, Tanner's bed or some other place that would show his dominance? The only other reason I could think the toilet is because Tanner is fed in the bathroom with the door closed so he doesn't eat Vince and Desna's food, so maybe Desna is marking to tell him... just remember it's my bathroom and I let you eat there?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ross

maybe hes marking to show ur sisters dog that this is HIS territory??

I get that, what I'm trying ti figure out is if there is away to stop it? It sounds gross, but I know one way that has worked in the backyard was if he peed somewhere I didn't want him to, I took a pee on it too... then it wasn't a spot he'd go pee again, but I don't see that as a viable option in the bathroom or anywhere inside for that matter biggrin.gif. I don't like the idea of having pee just sitting around, so that he knows not to go there anymore...

Ross