Fads of the 80's / 90's

Sarah

Some of us are old enough to remember both decades lol (i am including myself in that statement before I start getting hate mail from Dunc or Richard lol)

Post your Fads below:

Furby

First introduced in 1998, this interactive furry toy had a mind of its own. It spoke its own language and communicated with other Furbys. It was so popular that many stores sold out early for Christmas.

Budweiser Wassup Commercial

This popular Budweiser beer commercial started a new trend for the 90s. It caught on quick. People were answering their own phones and saying, Wassssssuuup!!. There were even many different mocked versions all over the internet.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tamagotchi:

Created in 1996. everyone in school had one! I had loads! I had a dog one, cat one, dinosuar one and the one which had like 10 pets in one!

Was a virtual pet that you could easily carry around in your pocket or bag. You had to treat it as though it was real by feeding it, watering it, bathing it, playing games with it, cleaning up after it doo doo's, and you could also check it's age, disipline, hunger and happiness levels too.

i loved my slinky how i loved running up and down stairs chasing it must of been mad x

oh yeah, they were great fun!!!!! Me and Grandad (Yes, believe it or not, my Grandad was like a big kid) had one each once and we both raced them down the stairs! Everyone loves a slinky, you gotta get a slinky, slinky, slinky, go slinky go! Soz, I really am sad sometimes

omg i loved the tamagotchi, the slinky, furbi, pogo stick, texter. Unsure whether people will remember these because i was born in 87 so i missed the 80s and early 90s so only really remember from 95 onwards!

I remember. I was born in 86 a year before you. And according to facebook, we share the same birthday! What a co-insidence

aww my grandads bday is on the 21st may but i dont mind that too much gives me 5 days lol anyway back to the subject or we will get shouted at for talking about something else haha do you remeber that thing that you put it around your ankle and it counted how many revolutions you could do without it hitting your other ankle do you know what it is called? It was banned because it was too heavy and broke quite a few ankles i loved mine!

I couldn't do the hula hood at all! It spin around a few times then fall down. A friend of mine was really good at it though and she could have them spinning around her neck on her arms and around her waist and hips and everywhere! Used to look very confusing!

Do you remember those roller skates you got that used to ring as you rolled? Can't remember what they were called though but you could also change the foot size on them as your feet grew so you didn't have to buy new ones.