Vans (MPG)

Ok so I am thinking about investing in a new vehicle as the dog's are kinda outgrowing my car as it is, plus it costs me a fortune to run (V6 3.3l and very thirsty, around 17mpg damn American cars grrr but it is LPG so I can double it to 30ish mpg because of price of LPG and insurance is a joke considering I have 6 years NCB)

What vans do you guys recommend? Only needs to accommodate 4 dogs and will be used daily as well for commuting mainly motorway miles. Thinking SWB kinda thing

What mileage are you getting from the vans? (realistically)

Thanks,

Kelly

• 4 months later...

Ok so I am thinking about investing in a new vehicle as the dog's are kinda outgrowing my car as it is, plus it costs me a fortune to run (V6 3.3l and very thirsty, around 17mpg damn American cars grrr but it is LPG so I can double it to 30ish mpg because of price of LPG and insurance is a joke considering I have 6 years NCB)

What vans do you guys recommend? Only needs to accommodate 4 dogs and will be used daily as well for commuting mainly motorway miles. Thinking SWB kinda thing

What mileage are you getting from the vans? (realistically)

Thanks,

Kelly

I have a Vauxhall Movano (Renault Master) LWB 2.2 DTi panel van and with the tuning "chip box" fitted (takes out the 'dead-spot' this engine has in the turbo about 3-3200rpm), I can get about 35mpg on a run. I got a Cruise Control fitted with me doing me "Ebay-Barginz" runs.....pmsl biggrin.gif and that makes the driving of it more relaxing. Apart from a JRT who wants to sit on your lap whilst kroozin n his 2 husky mates getting jealous n try their luck too!...........HELP!! ohmy.gif Did have a LDV LWB and that had a turning circle of a American Mack truck with a 40' trailer attached! angry.gif Flat as a fart & drank diesel like it was going out of fashion! Needless to say, that got P/Ex'd for the Movano. Yes, they do have some faults and the only major one's I've had were a power steering pump & alternator. The key fobs are crap & it's worth the money to get alarm fitted with remote lock/unlock fobs n get a key cloned. Works out cheaper in the long run!

Hope this helps?

Ian (Demon, Koda & Benji)