Be The Lead dog

http://betheleaddogbook.com/

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Be-The-Lead-Dog/113951565292326

front.jpg Be the Lead Dog Book, published April 2010

Be the Lead Dog

7 Life-Changing Lessons Taught By Sled Dogs

Use these strategies and tips to achieve your potential…in Leadership, Teambuilding, Communications and Life!

“These fascinating tales from the sled dog trail illustrate the universality of the principles of successâ€â€from the Iditarod to the board room. I relearned some valuable lessons reading it.â€Â

Jack Canfield, featured teacher in The Secret, co-author of The Success Principles, and co-creator of the #1 New York Times best selling

Chicken Soup for the Soul® series

“Read ‘Be the Lead Dog’ and take it to heart! Everything is here that you need to accomplish the impossible in your life. Then go hug your own dog if you are lucky enough to have one and tell them thanks, you now get it.â€Â

Brian Tracy, best-selling author of Psychology of Selling and president, Brian Tracy University of Sales and Entrepreneurship

Brought to you be renowned mushers, speakers and entrepreneurs Liz Parrish and Barb Schaefer, Be the Lead Dog lays out the foundational lessons you need to be your best. Use these strategies and tips to achieve your full potential…in leadership, teambuilding, communications and life!

Decades of training, racing and being guided by their champion dogs have given Liz and Barb a wealth of experience from which to draw their “insider secrets†of the relationship of sled dogs and their people, and how those can be applied to everyday life. This knowledge and insight is crucial to understand and implement what it takes to accomplish your goals in every facet of your professional and personal spheres. Through their stories, explanations and action tips, they lay out a powerful and inspiring case for utilizing the empowering life lessons taught by their sled dogs.

This easily digested yet profound book also references additional educational and practical materials on the website included as part of the book. This bonus material helps the reader engage with the lessons and apply them immediately to their own lives and situations.

About the Authors

Liz Parrish had three goals for running the Iditarod: train her own team, complete the Iditarod for her 50th birthday, and have fun!

From a difficult start beating childhood cancer and chronic health conditions, she thrives while seeking challenges.

Leaving a successful corporate career and starting with zero sled dog experience, she spent a decade building and training her own sled dog team. Liz and her team finished the 2008 Iditarod in 14 days with 14 dogs, despite being “Iditarod’s Littlest Musher.â€Â

A public speaker, an author and a leadership coach, Barb Schaefer is also a nationally and internationally respected teen development mentor.

Siberian Huskies have been her passion for over 20 years. Barb and her dogs have been featured on Discovery Channel’s Animal Planet among others. She raised and trained Jasmine who played the lead dog in Disney’s Eight Below. Barb is a 10-year Iditarod volunteer, which gave her invaluable insights into the relationships between sled dogs and their mushers.

Today, as co-owners of Life…Through Dogs, Liz and Barb teach people how to “Be The Lead Dog†with real-world practical applications in their own personal and corporate lives.

“I found ‘Be The Lead Dog: 7 Life-Changing Lessons Taught By Sled Dogs’ to be one of the most cerebral pieces of writing to come out of the world of dog mushing in recent years. Authors Liz Parrish & Barbara Schaefer do a fantastic job of breaking down the various facets of sled dog behavior and applying it to numerous real world scenarios that anyone, be it beginner musher or simple dog enthusiast, can apply to their own situations.

In a book loaded with solid, introspective material, one of my favorite parts is the section dealing with ‘Transparency’, where the authors carefully lay out a case for mutual honesty between dog and master. This is a firm piece of work packed with useful tips and anecdotes, which I highly recommend to dog people of all levels of experience.â€Â

Jason Barron, Professional Iditarod Musher

“As a former Marine, I thought I was pretty tough…that was until I was introduced to Liz & Barb! With hard-hitting tips taken directly from their experience training sled dogs, ‘Be the Lead Dog’ is both a practical and inspirational guide to becoming a passionate, effective leader at any level. Get this book & read it. After dog-earing the transformational strategies (pun intended), then apply them & see the difference this book makes in your relationships, your business, and your life!â€Â