Siblings fighting all of a sudden?

We have 2 huskies, they are 11 months old. A boy and a girl. 
Our girl has had her first season and since it ended, they have continuously growled, sat on top of each other snarling and eventually snap. 
We have tried space and separating them. When apart, they howl and howl until they are together but within minutes, one backs up into a corner and it starts all over again. I have spoke to a vet and behaviourist and they have both suggested spay and neutering but others have suggested against spay and neuter. 
We have young children and can’t risk them being caught in the crossfire and I am desperate for a solution to this behaviour. 
On assessment, there is no specific trigger for it.

we have 2 other dogs but they have shown no interest or aggression towards them whatsoever. It is only each other  

Any advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you 

this can and will happen even with siblings esp. male and female…maybe look into chemically castrating the male for a while until they are of age to neuter or spade one of them...

they are just like teenagers...

On 8/3/2023 at 10:14 AM, robke said:

this can and will happen even with siblings esp. male and female…maybe look into chemically castrating the male for a while until they are of age to neuter or spade one of them...

they are just like teenagers...

It just seems to be getting worse, we have a behaviourist coming to us but they can’t come to us until Wednesday! Living arrangements have become impossible. They can’t even have any form of contact at the minute, just fly for each other at any opportunity and the male got hurt with a torn ear yesterday. 
I hope this behaviourist brings a miracle because I’m absolutely devastated 

This sounds an awful situation :( The behaviourist is certainly going to be the best course of action you could have done. Really not sure what to suggest in the meantime though. Do you have problems when walking them together etc? Just trying to think of ways you might be able to get them together for a time without the aggression

9 hours ago, Marc said:

This sounds an awful situation :( The behaviourist is certainly going to be the best course of action you could have done. Really not sure what to suggest in the meantime though. Do you have problems when walking them together etc? Just trying to think of ways you might be able to get them together for a time without the aggression

They are fine on walks, that’s the strange thing. As soon as we are home, they just can’t get along. It has become obvious that the instigator of the fights is our female. 
She had a medical last week and due for scans on Wednesday to rule out health issues.

I do think it’s hormonal with her changing after her first heat but she’s also gone off her food so want to rule anything else out before jumping to conclusions. Honestly at a complete loss at the moment