Is my boy a Showline Husky or a Working Husky?

Lhomiuvel

2 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Would depend on his breeding , do u have his kennel club papers? 

I brought him from an official Husky breeder here in Portugal, as far as I can see in his document, all the info in there is about his parents and fur color, unless I'm missing something, what should I be looking for? 

1 minute ago, Lhomiuvel said:

I brought him from an official Husky breeder here in Portugal, as far as I can see in his document, all the info in there is about his parents and fur color, unless I'm missing something, what should I be looking for? 

Not sure if its the same as in the uk but if he's registered (google says its called the CPC) you should have has an option to get his family tree , does the breeder shown or work their dogs? 

Just now, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Not sure if its the same as in the uk but if he's registered (google says its called the CPC) you should have has an option to get his family tree , does the breeder shown or work their dogs? 

Yes indeed our official registry is the CPC whick translates to Portuguese Caniculture Club, I will check his papers when I get back home. 

His breeder mostly breeds as an hobbie and to sell them, as far as I know she doesn't run them, but also she doesn't show them often, although I know she has had a couple winners along the years. 

But I also know that some few dogs breed by her are currently running but most of them are only company/show oriented. 

When I asked was mostly as personal curiosity since I love my boy no matter what he is, it was mostly to ascertain if there's anything in his personality that I could infer if he tends more towards one subtype or the other. 

When he's home, he's mostly an angel, sweet, soft and tranquil, he's basically a 30kg lap dog, when I walk him outside he's basically a cheetah, unafraid of anything and anyone, not even aggressive dogs and cars. The only place where I can walk him off leash is the beach, and when I release him he basically flies, but always checking where I am, he never goes more than 100 meters away from me. 

Tbh looking at him by his coat type etc he does look more like the show type , but if the breeder isn't breeding to any certain standards then he'll just be classed as pet bred though his lineage will help determine if he's more from show or work lines,  I don't think there's any specific traits that come from either side tho most work bred dogs are bred to have a higher run desire as you want that in a working dog but a lot will mostly come down to the dogs individual personality , my 2 are both pet bred tho my male is bred to the breed standards and my girl isn't and they're completely different personality wise