Different sized pupils

Blair Bear

Hi there! I am a new husky owner and I have a 4 month old husky puppy named Indigo. About a month ago she was play fighting with my friend’s dog and all of the sudden one pupil dilated while the other pupil shrunk to the size of a pinhole. This lasted for about 10-15 minutes before they became normal again. No signs of discomfort are pain. I called the vet immediately and they did not seem very worried just told me if it happens again to bring her in. Well today I got home from work and she was fine until she laid down for a nap. When she woke up from her nap I immediately took her outside to go potty and she looked up at me and her pupils were once again different sizes. This also lasted about 10-15 minutes. She was still tired from being woken up during her nap but other than that she didn’t seem odd or in pain. I will be calling the vet tomorrow morning since they are closed right now. I would like someone to put in their two cents that has had this happen to their dog before. Lots of people post the same issue on the internet and then never give a follow up so I just want to know how serious this is and what ended up being the steps that were taken to ensure their dog’s health. I will still be taking her to the vet of course but I am looking for a peace of mind 😬

1B69FE14-2C24-48CC-A8A4-F593E3956F8E.jpeg

Wish I could help   -  hope the vet gives you a definitive diagnosis today.    My only experience is from tv programs  -  they suggested concussion and brain damage   (but they were films/entertainment type things done for the dramatics so I would not take that too seriously).   As the vet did not seen too concerned the first time it happened  -  here's hoping for a more sensible suggestion.

As above, one of mine was at the vet on sat with an eye problem, the vet was very thorough but she did say that if his pupil didn’t return to normal within a day or two then further investigations would be necessary. He was sent home with an antibiotic cream.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Archived