Red itchy paws

ZachAttack

Hi guys, my boy has recently been irritated by a red type rash around his paws and a small amount around his chops. It's not majorly bothering him but it has been a couple of weeks now and the problem has not gone away.

Can anyone recommend some remedies to clear this up before I make an extortionate trip to the Vets?

Zach Feet.jpg

Our foster, Mr Bear, started licking his rear paws, staining them red. We knew it wasn't allergy to food as his raw diet hasn't changed but think it was down to the Adaptil plugin - ironically, used to control his anxiety (he was very neglected, living in a run in a field with no contact beyond some other Huskies in similar runs) which in itself can be a cause of licking. Personally, I hate any form of plugin, air freshener, essential oils, etc as they all contain chemicals (everything is chemically derived, however 'natural'). Anyway, unplugged the damn thing and he's stopped licking, so we have a result 😊
You can see the near front paw, no red and the rear paw is slightly stained - his feet are permanently crippled and when he came into rescue he had no fur on them at all, through urine burns. His coat was in a dreadful state and he weighed a mere 17kg. He now has a lovely, fluffy coat and we weighed him yesterday at 30kg (which is about perfect - maybe short of 1 or 2 kgs)

IMG_20191210_090327a.thumb.jpg.6912fc1eb6a5e3a459d25704bf2013d7.jpg

Archived