Shedding

Madz

So, my husky is currently shedding, we adopted him from a shelter and the first six months of shedding his coat looked very nice. We've had him for almost 2 years now and the more he sheds the worst his coat looks, it gets very patchy and less of a solid color. He gets really dark spots and then some lighter, more blonde spots and he is very young, three this year. I want to know if this is normal, also if I can do anything besides brushing like using a certain shampoo or taking him to the groomer more often and seeing if that will help. Let me know.

1563757329040562546756532963061.jpg

15637573444941873372067308340833.jpg

Looks normal to me too   the lighter fur is the undercoat the darker is the guard hairs as hes blowing his coat hes getting rid of the undercoat so leaving only the guard hairs behind making him look darker/patchy , the fur will grow back in as the seasons change 

Even tho my girl is pure white she looks like a completely different dog when shes blown out her undercoat 

From what I have read, (mine are only 1.5 years) they are just coming out of their teenage stages and are hitting a more mature stag and their coats can go through a change. ?.

I give mine Omega 3. It seems to be really helping this season.

Archived