Introduce your other pets

BingBlaze n Skyla

A lot of people have other pets and don't post up because this is a husky forum , so we've had a picture thread how about going through and introducing all your other pets properly
Names , why you gave them that name, their age , rescue or not etc let's do a fun little bio for all our other fur or scale babies

Bandit , named such because she had a mask over her eyes , 2 years 7 months old roan (husky) rat
Loves eating , being naughty and stealing from her sisters
Hates baths , kisses and when you take food off her
20181018_212301.thumb.jpg.01f4448cb8a224997826fd0a668c9d6d.jpg

Doe , named after a character in a book , 2 years 7months old black berkshire rat
Loves being left alone but will come for the occasional cuddle
Hates baths and being woken up
20181007_205514.thumb.jpg.ee500a270d5d07b860f4d7bb802a4127.jpg

Ratatta , named after the rat Pokemon because we were stuck after naming 4 others lol
2 years 7 months old, black berkshire rat
Loves getting into trouble , food and stealing
Hates her medicine and kisses
20181014_210650.thumb.jpg.56c628511b208f25449379c7ea91d706.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Jemm 4 year old Akita X German shepherd. Totally a mum's girl. Loves to be kissed on the cheek, likes bullying her big little brother, loves tennis balls  eating sardines, hates car rides loves teddies likes watching wolves on tv

20180713_110358.jpg

Bruce (back ) & Lucky Big little brothers to jemm (same litter) 

Bruce loves being told is a good boy, im almost certain he was a human in a past life. And sure he can read minds, he is Very very chilled out, hates confrontation, loves scaring the crap out of our postman by giving one almighty deep bark EVERY morning, whilst smiling and wagging his tail. Will "hit" you if you stop tickling his belly and kick you and huff if your not doing it right or has had enough. 

Lucky, is a grumpy git! And lazy..  Lays on our bed pretty much all day (apart from morning & evening walks toilet time and food) snoring his head off does a low grumble if disturbed. Loves carrot and a cube of cheese as reward, when he isn't asleep he is a bit of a clown and hyper active with a short attention span....during these moments i swear he has adhd, very vocal makes crazy noises. 

20180707_182509.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have many many pets so this may take a while

To start my precious lil girl Roo. She is a standard grey chinchilla, who I rescued from a terrible home. She was living in some guys garage with no human interaction, no exercise, poor quality food, limited hay, nothing to chew, and living in a hamster cage. She is about 3 years old now and my precious girl. 

Next is Pumba(black tabby) and Timon(orange tabby). These two were found, abandoned in a barn together. They are biological brothers and are turning 1 soon.

Next I have my bio active aquarium. We have a couple exotic fish in here including a black ghost, an elephant nose, and some loaches

Next we have my many many birds. Featured in these pics are (not in order) Eclair, Cream, Hershey (aka Aladdin) and his siblings, S'mores, Brownie, Jelly Bean, Starburst, Junior (mints), Vanilla, Yorkie(York), Sugar and Dove

Next I have my two African Fat Tailed Geckos, Misty(lighter) and Mountain(darker). They are about 4 now turning 5. They were my first pets and hopefully I will build a bio active terrarium for them in the near future. 

And Finally my two gorgeous huskies, Maximus (bi-eyed) and Leia(blue eyes). Maximus is a 3 year old Husky/Malamute mix came from a shelter where he was there for a month and a half. He was adopted out 3 times and returned. A shelter volunteer took him in as a foster with her husky/malamute mix. Luckily this shelter has a no euth list policy and save every dog. Max was in an abusive home where nothing was stable or consistent. Due to this he is a bit resource possessive but is getting better. When we got him he was 30lbs under weight. He is now healthy at 80lbs. We have had him for a year and a half now and he is happy and healthy. He loves going on walks and exploring. He loves belly rubs and nummy treats. 

Leia is a (we think) purebred Siberian husky who came from a dirty unclean shelter. She was found as a stray at 8 months old and was at the shelter for 2 months. She was put on the euth list due to medical issues and kennel anxiety. Another shelter came in a rescued her then finally adopted her out to a family. This family had an older border collie, who they thought would act younger with a puppy in the house. This made him worse and he attacked Leia. She spent the next few weeks in a kennel tethered outside. When we finally found her we took her to our vet where they found tapeworm, a parasite called Giardia, and two different kinds of blabber stones. She was treated for the parasites and is now on a prescription food for her bladder stones. She is incredibly loving and loyal dog who loves running and exploring. She greets everyone with a lick to the face and gets along with everyone. We got her in September (so 6 months now). 

IMG_20200107_110045103 (1).jpg

IMG_20191218_134552924 (1).jpg

IMG_20191218_134131624 (1).jpg

IMG_20190516_154448741 (1).jpg

IMG_20180921_151500673 (1).jpg

IMG_20180926_225105050 (1).jpg

IMG_20181015_111731153 (1).jpg

IMG_20181115_104041055 (1).jpg

IMG_20181203_092235651 (1).jpg

IMG_20181201_183846816 (1).jpg

IMG_20181129_083454546 (1).jpg

IMG_20180920_214546636 (1).jpg

IMG_20191119_220826029 (1).jpg

IMG_20191113_132211524 (1).jpg

IMG_20190429_180223031_HDR (1).jpg

• 6 months later...

Frankly, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I think that cats are much better city pets than dogs. They just live and do not bother anyone, do not touch people and are always kind. But dogs very often are aggressive and attack people. For example, I was bitten by a dog and I'm afraid of them. Every dog seem it and always growls when I walk by. Honestly, I always feed cats with the remains of our food. But for birds we took sometimes a little amount of our parrots feed from faunafeeders.com and put it in the feeders with my daughter.

19 hours ago, DanOstin said:

Frankly, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I think that cats are much better city pets than dogs. They just live and do not bother anyone, do not touch people and are always kind. But dogs very often are aggressive and attack people. For example, I was bitten by a dog and I'm afraid of them. Every dog seem it and always growls when I walk by. Honestly, I always feed cats with the remains of our food. But for birds we took sometimes a little amount of our parrots feed from faunafeeders.com and put it in the feeders with my daughter.

Is there a specific reason your on a dog owners forum then ? Hoping to overcome your fears?  I've met many an aggressive cat in my time aswell and they can do just as much damage as dogs   its a shame all your experiences have been negative 

• 1 year later...

Wow, you guys have so many cool diverse pets! That's really nice. Unfortunately, I can only afford one beautiful chinchilla. I got her from my older brother. He didn't take care of her at all. He often left her at my house on the weekends. During this time, I researched information about caring for these pets. By the way, there is a lot of useful information on Planet Chinchilla. It turns out that watching and caring for a chinchilla is not so easy. It took me a lot of time and effort to get her to start feeling better. I bought a three-bunk cage, picked up some food, and had her checked out by the vet. I hope my bun is happy.

• 1 month later...

I have long wanted to get a dog, and recently my dream has come true. My boyfriend gave me an English bulldog, and I was in seventh heaven. I like to walk with him and teach him to understand commands. Recently, a friend of mine (who also has a bulldog) recommended an article that answers this question: "do dogs understand I love you". It turns out that they do understand that you love them they can't understand the phrase, of course, but they can see it when you treat them with love.

• 2 months later...

We also have other animals besides huskies that I would like to tell you about. Since our dog can not live alone, we bought a cat Maine Coon. Since conventional cats might not like the husky, we decided this breed would be right for him. They are great companions so far. Together with our boys, we long chose which one we wanted to see in the house. We thought about taking care of maine coon as it is beautiful, cats grow up to be strong and independent. This is a great example for huskies who respect these animals and find common ground quickly.