Husky books

BingBlaze n Skyla

Post any husky related books in this thread for people who want to learn more about this amazing breed

Siberian huskies for dummies by Diane Morgan

Sled dog gun by J. T. Bryde

How to train your siberian husky by Liz palika

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Not a husky book but a great training book I've used on my two (it's not just dog tricks there is basic obedience too , good for pup owners )

101 dog tricks by kyra Sundance

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Brilliant read

Leonhard Seppala: The Siberian Sled Dog and the Golden Age of Sleddog Racing 1908-1941 Paperback – Unabridged, April 1, 2015

General info.. I copy & paste these and keep in my memo pad on phone.

Good points raised & given.

● Distraction, de-sensitisation, repetition over and over.

My girl is dog reactive (negatively) to other dogs (not my friend's mini Yorkies though) and (positively) to some other dogs but after slow intro with all-cover basket muzzle + lead, in secure off lead meets, just walking around, meeting, sniffing, seeing all (most off lead now!) and being discouraged to interact aggressively too; then, lead off (muzzle on);  once settled, lead on, muzzle off, walking round = much more relaxed, & she's now meeting same furkids again.
They all have harnesses for easy grabbing just in case.... then the lead is off.
If any scrap starts (by any of them, everyone yells 'Oi!' which pretty much stops them  all instantly. 😃😁
 So, just going into town, walking the high steet, both sides, meeting and greeting folk esp those who want to (and ask) come and fuss, but also settling down outside a cafe or Costa.. and there IS much less reaction towards other dogs (usually smaller but yappy too) walking by.
My boy whines but keeps himself restrained.
My girl IS improving, and I expect a few more months & continued repitition is in order, with at least one or two weekly visits.
It takes time.
And trust from yours that not everything smaller is either a threat or for defensive->attack behaviour. 
Praise when she turns to you with reward (distract behaviour by you).

30 reps over 30 days and renew / repeat on a regular basis. 🤗

More to come...

2 minutes ago, Maz51 said:

General info.. I copy & paste these and keep in my memo pad on phone.

Good points raised & given.

● Distraction, de-sensitisation, repetition over and over.

My girl is dog reactive (negatively) to other dogs (not my friend's mini Yorkies though) and (positively) to some other dogs but after slow intro with all-cover basket muzzle + lead, in secure off lead meets, just walking around, meeting, sniffing, seeing all (most off lead now!) and being discouraged to interact aggressively too; then, lead off (muzzle on);  once settled, lead on, muzzle off, walking round = much more relaxed, & she's now meeting same furkids again.
They all have harnesses for easy grabbing just in case.... then the lead is off.
If any scrap starts (by any of them, everyone yells 'Oi!' which pretty much stops them  all instantly. 😃😁
 So, just going into town, walking the high steet, both sides, meeting and greeting folk esp those who want to (and ask) come and fuss, but also settling down outside a cafe or Costa.. and there IS much less reaction towards other dogs (usually smaller but yappy too) walking by.
My boy whines but keeps himself restrained.
My girl IS improving, and I expect a few more months & continued repitition is in order, with at least one or two weekly visits.
It takes time.
And trust from yours that not everything smaller is either a threat or for defensive->attack behaviour. 
Praise when she turns to you with reward (distract behaviour by you).

30 reps over 30 days and renew / repeat on a regular basis. 🤗

More to come...

and the ISBN nr of that books is???

Archived