3 y/o plays really rough

Armertron

So I just bought a 3 year old husky, the only difficulty I've had besides separation anxiety is he plays really rough, I have bite marks on my arm and he often slaps me in the face. I'm more curious as to if this is normal or if I should start to let him know he is being too rough. Any tips, tricks, and ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

@Armertron ~ Hello. You could buy him some toys like unedible chew bones, a ball, and a rope to play with. When he starts biting your arm, redirect him with a toy. (He's biting/nipping your arm because he wants you to play. That's what one of mine did for a long time.) Play games with him like Hide n Seek, throw a ball for him to fetch or run and chase him or he chases you. We play "Chase" all the time with our two, and they know the name of all the games. (They know everything we say because we tell them everything we/they are doing.)
Also, buy a collar, harness & leash. You can take him on a couple nice walks everyday. That will help him release a lot of that hyper energy he has (and may help stop the biting).
Just be firm with him biting at your arm, telling him "No" and "redirecting with a toy.
What's his name??
You're doing awesome!! Send photos any time!!
[emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Aww, MEEKO is stunning!![emoji4] He will settle in and get used to you & his new surroundings. Set some firm boundaries and he'll adjust. He just needs a lot of play time, which should help with biting & rougher play. Always use "positive" reinforcement.
You're doing great!![emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji491]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

My Husky/Malamute mix,Sakura, is 3 also and plays pretty rough but I’ve gotten her to stop mouthing and biting so much. Did this by saying a shocking OUCH anytime she does it. It catches her off guard and makes he stop and look at me. If she does it again I say it more elevated and she gets it. Took about a month of always doing it but she is much better.

Biggest problem is how rough she plays with other dogs, does your play rough with dogs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived