Hiding under bed: AlbaMishka

2Huskyfun

Is she spayed? Do you have have a female in the house that is not spayed? If she has only done this around the same time last year, could it just be the weather changing? Seasonal depression can affect animals.

Do research before trying this: use  lavender oil.

Does she have a crate or is under the bed her go to normally? Use a few drops on the wood (if she does NOT chew the wood) or on the crate cover (that is what I do) I have a friend that uses it on the training collars.

Lavender helps with anxiety and calms. But make sure she does not  ingest it and it takes very little. 

Have you spoke to your vet? 

If she is of good weight and has no medical issues, not eating a day or two won't hurt her. She will eat when she gets hungry enough. 

I hope she feels better soon

No she has not been spayed yet, am waiting to do so  as She has just been in season. Today I walked her for an hour and a half and she ate almost all food but has not moved from her her kennel. She’s perfectly normal when I walk her but just acts strange when she comes home. It is winter now so maybe she’s a bit depressed ?

Is your home new? Has anything changed? She could be picking up on something?

I would keep taking her for walks and keep an eye on the food amounts. But I think it has to do with weather and she just came out of season. 

Thank you so much all. I will keep an eye out. No we’re in the same house, I’m thinking as suspected by you all that it has to do with post season moodiness. Hopefully she’s back to her normal self soon. Thanks again

Actually forgot to mention, she’s not actually hiding toys but she’s become obsessed with one of them to the point where she will not drop not even to eat, and god forbid you try and take away from her...

Have just googled Phantom Pregnancy and she has every single symptom (poor pet) so thanks for the advice everyone, and especially BlingBlaze n Skyla who mentioned it. I am really and truly grateful. I’ll be getting her splayed as soon as she’s ready. Thanks again 

Archived