Skyla1

Hi everyone, I need help with my two year old husky. She’s been throwing up yellow bile in the mornings ever since we got her at 8 weeks old. Vet thinks it’s empty stomach, too long between meals. So we started feeding her 3 times a day and a snack before bedtime. It still didn’t stop her throwing up. I started giving her zinc supplements about a year ago and it helped she now throws up once a week it was more before. I don’t know if I should increase her zinc she’s getting about 40 mg of zinpro. She also has digestion issue. She’s on a prescription diet. I just wanted to know how to stop it completely and if anyone has any suggestions or experiences with this issue. Thank you.

082CEB22-3841-48EF-A5EB-B0E3F48A4B8F.png

Did your vet mention anything about an irritable bowl syndrome? There is an intestinal test that can be done to let you know for sure what and if your dog has. It is common to have it starting at a young age ( most think it is stress early on that causes it ) and then seeing it ever changing as the dogs life progresses. It is actually something you need to be checking on with your vet every time you notice a change in holding down food/ or eating habits, as your specific diet will change to what vitamins and minerals your dog is loosing. I know it seems counter productive to keep changing a diet ( that can cause stress ) but it is important for the proper nutrients needed. Unfortunately if this does become the diagnosis, every single food brand for irritable bowl is expensive, and will take time to coax your dog into eating, as my experience has been most don’t like the food. Hope this arms you with some information to keep looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I would put her on a Dog Probiotic twice a day to see if this helps. You could discuss/check with your Vet for a good brand since she has sensitive tummy issues. Also, has she been XRayed to ensure she doesn't have a rock or something foreign lodged that she may have swallowed as a puppy??
Good luck. Your baby is stunning!!
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Hello, and welcome!   One of mine would throw up that yellow bile and it was an empty stomach.  I tried 3x a day feeding, and it still happened.  I had to go to 4 meals a day until he was almost 2. 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  We had an X-ray done nothing found lodged inside her. She eats prescription ID  can bland food from Hills. Jay did he stop after giving her 4 meals? Also you said until he was 2, did he completely stop throwing after 2? Thanks again.

Archived